“Great Food and "upbeat" atmosphere”
Review of Tony D’s

Tony D’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony D’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great food and staff are attentive but music and crowd noise can be loud at night, lunches quieter and a great view of the best of Rochester's Genesee River. We really enjoy eating at chef's table and they have some really great menu items!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's hard to give a restaurant a full 5 stars unless it is over the top in every area. For me, because Tony D's is closer to a 5 than a 4, I tip my rating up instead of back. We made Tony D's our Valentine date destination this year, and we were not sorry at all. We got there early, anticipating a wait, as they don't take reservations (at least for 2 guests). They actually gave us the choice of being seated right away, or having a drink at the bar first, and then being seated. I appreciated the choice. The food was excellent, and through the suggestion of some friends, we tried their appetizer meatballs. Oh. My. Gosh. They are truly the real deal. Our wait person, a very personable young woman, told us that it took her one year to get up the courage to try the meatballs there. According to her, "no one would come close to making meatballs like my Gram." Apparently they did come close ("as good or better!" she said). If you do order them, be advised, they are HUGE. My husband and I agreed that next time, we might just split a salad and order of meatballs (2 meatballs per order), and we will be satisfied. The wood fired pizzas are really REALLY good, and we have tried most of the wood-fired pizza places in the area. I would put them up there with the best (Gatehouse is good too!).Back to the service. We asked our waitress if she minded if we lingered over drinks first, and then ordered. She was perfect with her timing. Basically, everything we asked for was not only granted, but added to....We received a complimentary after-dinner drink (like an ice wine). Okay - so food, service, oh yeah, location - you can't get better than the river/downtown view of Cornhill Landing. Good job, Tony D's. We hope you stay the course.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

When I was planning my trip to Rochester (from California) & looking for a restaurant (using Trip Advisor) to take a friend to who was driving from Buffalo, I chose Tony D's based on the name, which had "sentimental value" to my friend & I (long story involving a 70's teen idol). I knew, when when we arrived & there was a 1/2 hr wait at noon on a Friday, I had made a good choice! The food (2 of us had pizzas; the third had the special hamburger of the day), ambiance, view & waitress were all outstanding, which was icing on the cake for a reunion of friends who hadn't seen each other in over 35 years!

1  Thank LAMcMonavie19
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We made reservations for 8 at 8:30 got there on time we were seated about 8:50 not bad since it was packed as usual. We were seated out on the enclosed patio with a beautiful view of the river and the bridge. Gone are the tarps with the plastic windows !!! In with the beautiful remodel with addition of thermal pane glass doors,the heating was very even and comfortable. The service was the usual, friendly and timely.The food was very good. The only glitch was that the broth in my friends mussels ,which I tasted, was very bland with almost nothing the really excite the pallet.The mussels in of themselves were fine but,again, very bland! The prices are very good for what you get and the portions are big. The noise level is a little high...but worth it !

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stopped their for pizza, what a surprize. Very hype and cool atmoshpere. Lvoed the food choices! Please note, serving sizes are HUGE!
There was alot of people there, but it felt warm and welcoming.

Parking,,we were lucky to get a spot, but saw people driving around.

Great new spot, wonderful for the downtown area!