“Best Dinner in the City”
Review of Tony D’s

Tony D’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Tony D’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have known Tony, Jay, and Chris for years. You could never ask for a better combination of food, drinks, and staff. Joie makes the best Dirty Martini in Rochester, Beth makes her sweet specialties, Jay makes magic in the kitchen, and Tony-- well he's Tony! Great management, great staff, great food. Special thanks to Joie and Karen as I can't imagine anyone running a restaurant at the professional level you 2 wonderful ladies do.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Being Italian, I am always kind of suspicious when I am taken to Italian restaurants abroad, but this time I had a pleasant surprise. The place is very beautiful, with nice atmosphere and great view on the canal. Food is great. We shared calamari, meatballs and arancini as starters. I took a good pizza and most of my collegues had a fantastic sirloin. Definitely a place to visit in Rochester. (PS: For REAL Italian food you should still come to Italy...)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Coal fired pizza...very good, but I'm not much of a pizza guy. Tony D's seems to underplay its much broader menu, even on its website. The several times I've been, I've always eater a regular "main dish", one of the daily specials, or one of the many "chalkboard" specials about which the server is quick to inform. Last time, for instance, it was their roasted Italian sausage, and it was delicious.
Service is very good, very friendly. I was there during the lunch rush hour...packed...and my business associate and I were in and out...at a very comfortable pace, yet within "lunch hour" norms.
Great location, along a canal...boats, almost harbor-like. Easy parking. Recommend without hesitation !

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Tony D's has got to be one of Rochesters greatest gems as far as dining is concerned. This is by far our favorite restaurant. Whether you get the amazing coal fired pizza or chicken wings, or one of their fantastic specials, you cannot go wrong. Upscale ambiance and delicious food and drink. Their calamari is to die for!! My husband had the tenderloin special....perfectly seasoned and seared. I have never had a bad experience at Tony D's. And if you want a extra fun experience sit at the chefs table! So fun!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Have been to Tony D's several times now and have had consistently good food and good service. We've eaten at the bar, outside on the patio overlooking the river, and at the "chef's table" which is a sit-up bar looking over the kitchen. The food is outstanding! The menu is limited with respect to entree's (if you're looking it over online) but that's because every night there are about 5-6 specials which fill in for a standard menu item. We love that because things are new, fresh, and simply delish. Last time we went, we had a sirloin steak in a wine reduction with mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach that bested any steak I've had anywhere. Be aware though that they don't take reservations - and so you may have to wait, particularly on the weekends after 7. We went around 6:30 and waited for 20 minutes for a table. Later on when we left around 9..the wait was about an hour people told us. Btw, we have taken our kids to Tony D's - so it's a great restaurant for couples and families. Kids LOVED the pizzas! Although they are wood fired and do come with a bit of that char - so be prepared.