“Nice cafe.”

Jembetat Gallery & Cafe
Ranked #487 of 1,328 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Review is for the cafe only.

I've been to the cafe a number of times for their gelato. Located on park ave this is one of the desert places open later than others if you are looking for something sweet. They have both indoor and outdoor seating. I usually choose to sit outside or take a walk down park ave enjoying my gelato.

The ambiance is nice. The server is pleasant and helpful. The inside is a gallery and Jewellery shop attached to the cafe. I don't have any interest in buying either but looking around the shop sure is fun. They have some interesting pieces of art on display. They have a sign that says "No cell phone use allowed" or something of the sort in the shop and based on some other reviews here it seems like the owner has asked people to stop using them and they have been pissed about it. I'm sure this rule would make many "significant others -(particularly female)" very happy however.

The cafe has gelato, coffee and other drinks and some bakery items as well. I have only tried their gelato and have enjoyed it. The mango one was really good. The coconut was nice too but I'd pick mango if I were to go again. I'm usually an ice cream kind of guy but I didn't mind this delicious treat.

Nice little shop tucked on a corner of park ave. Would come again.