Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Grandmother and grandson trip

I love that art museum in Rochester. It is one of my favorite attractions in Rochester the third... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2021
Jamesodumond
Hamlin, New York
It's a great place to spend the afternoon

This is a beautiful museum with lots to see. It is one of those art museums that has something from... read more

Reviewed September 14, 2021
JohnRegoPark
Rego Park, New York

Recommended experiences in and around Rochester
from $167.07
from $154.60
from $154.60
from $167.07
More Info
All reviews small museum sculpture garden fine examples great collection second floor nice gift shop beautiful building mag monet baroque exhibits breadth oceanic portraits
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2017

When I read the reviews here, I was a bit uncertain about what to expect. But upon visiting the gallery, I was taken aback by the breadth of its collection and the lovely venue in which it is housed. If you're an art lover and anywhere near Rochester, I would make tracks to this place. The galleries of American art are particularly impressive, but there are artifacts and art from all periods and all over the world here. I spent a lovely morning taking in the collection, but one could easily linger over the galleries for a day. Parking is close and easy.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank pds209
Reviewed March 17, 2017

Memorial Art Gallery has a well developed curriculum of activities and cultural events. There is so much to see in the galleries I find that I get saturated after about two hours. A membership allows you to 're enter at any time to fully appreciate the wonderful exhibitions.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed March 8, 2017

This is not the biggest art museum in the world, but it is still descent sized. They have quite a diverse collection of art for the size of the museum. They have American, Egyptian, Asian, African, Oceana, etc. Many, many beautiful pieces to enjoy. I spent a couple of hours going through the different collections. The cost was affordable and there is also a cafe for coffee and snacks.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank Rochelle T
Reviewed February 1, 2017

This was a very interesting exhibit and the quantity of work this man produced was amazing. He had a very mathematical mind and consulted with mathematicians on many of his works. The detail in his work was extraordinary. He didn't use a lot of color because he worked mostly in woodblocks and mezzotints. I am glad that I had the opportunity to see this exhibit and that Memorial Art Gallery was able to bring it to Rochester.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank 512pamelal
Reviewed February 1, 2017

My wife and I have visited twice in the past year, both times drawn by special exhibits, but we wandered through the museum and found it to include a good selection and one that reflects various culture.

Date of experience: December 2016