Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Haudenosaunee Celebration.

It has been quite a long hiatus since my last visit, and today on a nice Fall afternoon I decided... read more

Reviewed November 12, 2023
Sarushkaya
Rochester, New York
via mobile
The Joy of Studying Old Master European Paintings At The Memorial Art Gallery

The other day, I returned to Rochester and the splendid Memorial Art Gallery.Once more,I enjoyed... read more

Reviewed June 22, 2023
margatemensch2016
Coconut Creek, Florida

Recommended experiences in and around Rochester
from $229.41
from $223.17
from $210.71
from $235.64
More Info
All reviews sculpture garden european paintings pollock organ recital mag collection exhibits degas bellows master donor medieval hassam sculptor century george
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2016

A very impressive collection that spans a wide variety of interests. The collection is more extensive than we expected, and we were happily surprised by a lovely concert in the entry. Also a high end gift shop. Allow time to spend in the outside sculpture garden and the beautiful grounds. The nearby homes are also beautiful if you have time to explore the local area.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

I always visit the Memorial Art Gallery when I'm in Rochester. When I'm free on a Thursday night I'll grab a glass of wine and a bite to eat. It's always a fun evening. The quality of the collections, though not grand, his high, and the special exhibitions on view are wonderful and always beautifully installed and sensitively treated. If you're an art lover, then you should check out this regional gem.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Rochester was once very, very rich, which means that over the years, this museum accumulated quite a nice collection. I was surprised by an exhibit of Keith Haring (not very well presented, it has to be said: it's certain some of the text by William S Burroughs didn't match the specific panels it was attached to). And some other good special exhibits. Also a surprising amount of naïve art, which I hadn't expected at all. All told, it's a classic good smaller-city museum, in a very pleasant-to-vicit city.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed August 5, 2016

I visited here one Thursday evening, planning to just spend my time admiring art, but was so pleasantly suprised when I started hearing organ music wafting downstairs. I quickly proceeded upstairs where there was a large auditorium filled with people listening to two different musicians, one of them was from Germany. It made everything almost magical, and I loved it.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

I'm far from an art expert but I enjoyed the collection at this museum. The museum has an interesting exhibit right now in which it compares different portrait styles. The museum also has a mummy right now which could be fun for the kids to see.

2  Thank adamsQ9364NH