Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
went with group felt safe upholded mask mandate.

We went as a group and felt very safe . All security and guests had masks on. Very clean and... read more

Reviewed February 23, 2022
K3021XZwendys
World Class Art

The Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester is one of the anchor institutions in the area that make this... read more

Reviewed February 12, 2022
deborahbA4904AG

Recommended experiences in and around Rochester
from $192.00
More Info
All reviews fine examples second floor beautiful building collection rembrandt baroque exhibits portraits
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2016

A very impressive collection that spans a wide variety of interests. The collection is more extensive than we expected, and we were happily surprised by a lovely concert in the entry. Also a high end gift shop. Allow time to spend in the outside sculpture garden and the beautiful grounds. The nearby homes are also beautiful if you have time to explore the local area.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

I always visit the Memorial Art Gallery when I'm in Rochester. When I'm free on a Thursday night I'll grab a glass of wine and a bite to eat. It's always a fun evening. The quality of the collections, though not grand, his high, and the special exhibitions on view are wonderful and always beautifully installed and sensitively treated. If you're an art lover, then you should check out this regional gem.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Rochester was once very, very rich, which means that over the years, this museum accumulated quite a nice collection. I was surprised by an exhibit of Keith Haring (not very well presented, it has to be said: it's certain some of the text by William S Burroughs didn't match the specific panels it was attached to). And some other good special exhibits. Also a surprising amount of naïve art, which I hadn't expected at all. All told, it's a classic good smaller-city museum, in a very pleasant-to-vicit city.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed August 5, 2016

I visited here one Thursday evening, planning to just spend my time admiring art, but was so pleasantly suprised when I started hearing organ music wafting downstairs. I quickly proceeded upstairs where there was a large auditorium filled with people listening to two different musicians, one of them was from Germany. It made everything almost magical, and I loved it.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

I'm far from an art expert but I enjoyed the collection at this museum. The museum has an interesting exhibit right now in which it compares different portrait styles. The museum also has a mummy right now which could be fun for the kids to see.

2  Thank adamsQ9364NH