“Stay Away”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mystic, Connecticut
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a disappointment! We loved the decor and were intrigued by the menu but the chef failed to deliver. My uncle's end cut prime rib order was overcooked and fatty. I sent my medium rare order back because it was vaguely pink and a new plate came back with another vague pink slab. What do you say at that point? I kept my mouth shut. My husband's burger was less than memorable. They only do one thing here- overcook! Save your money and go elsewhere.

Visited May 2013

Rochester, New York
“A reasonably priced, good food place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This local restaurant had a major makeover about 3-4 years ago. We had never dined there simply because it never was on our list of possibilities. Looking for a new place to try, we decided to try it and we're glad we did. We were seated within 2 minutes of arrival (we made no reservation) despite the large dining crowd there. The service was great, friendly and prompt throughout our stay. The menu was surprisingly varied - from burgers to sandwich's to full-fledged entree's - and very reasonably priced. The most expensive entree was $20.00 (Delmonico Steak). They have a good late-night menu as well. The place was clean, clean, clean. The decor is tasteful - traditional. We've eaten there again since our first time with the same service and food quality - both great. And each time there were couples and families there. I would highly recommend trying this restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Pittsford, NY
“Great service and location, but salty food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our server provided great service. The menu items looked really good but the dominating taste was salt. I had the French onion soup, the meatloaf and mash potatoes and they were all really, really salty. It's not that I am sensitive to salt at all and I cannot remember ever having such salty food at a restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Webster, NY
“great fishfry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Why go across the street where the noise level is high and the wait is long. We totally enjoyed the fish fry which came with a salad or coleslaw and fries. Great soup also. Service was really nice too.

• Visited February 2013