“Great find!”

Zeppa Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A modern American bistro, the restaurant has a hip, cool vibe with an amazing menu. A newly refashioned bar invites you to sit comfortably and enjoy one of Zeppa’s seasonal signature cocktails or chose from an impressive collection of beers and wines.​In addition to the restaurant, Zeppa offers alternative dining areas that can accommodate parties up to 47 guests for catering, private parties and business meetings. These areas feature a separate entrance and restroom.The Zeppa Auditorium, located upstairs from the dining area, is available to hold large events—be it a concert, private wedding reception, party, large meeting or dinner.
Rochester, New York
“Great find!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A party of six arrived early for our reservations and ended up at the bar for quite some time. The atomosphere as noted in the other reviews is excellent. The restaurant occupies the lower floor of the old German House. It opened in January and everything is brand new. The aroma froom the kitchen on entering was tantalizing to say the least. Unfortunately for us the first service was full of lingerers. We ended up wating quite a while for our table. The bartender was great to us. The manager and our server were apologetic and we were comped two desserts. The menu is what one would expect from a good steak house. I can honestly say that the steak was one of the best I've ever had. I would absolutely eat there again and agree this place is hidden gem on the Rochester fine dining scene. The only complaint was management's unwillingness to move some of the large lingering tables into the bar area in order to open up tables.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tim_Ingersoll

“Best kept secret!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I are pretty fussy when it comes to food and wine, but this was OUTSTANDING!! Best food I've had in Rochester in a long time. Everything was made to order tasty and fresh. The wine list was small but had all that you need. Can't wait to go back and bring friends.

Rochester NY
“Minimalist decor...wonderful food.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Zeppa Bistro is located in the German House on Gregory St -- formerly the location of Rohrbach's. Think monestery for decor. Think wow for food. I'd never eaten duck but did so on the waiter's recommendation, and it was excellent paired with chard and small gnocchi. Just the right flavors. On another occasion, I tried the fennel sausage sliders -- YUM!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RochesterSicilian
Arlington, Texas
“Great spot!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had an excellent meal there tonight! Thursday is their 3 course prixe fixe with wine and not only was the food excellent, but it was also a great value! Service along with it was also very good. The corn chowder was amazing! I would highly recommend!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Deborah L
Fairport NY
“Upscale Dining & Food without having to take out a loan”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food was wonderful. And I am so glad that this restaurant is in our own backyard so to speak.

We started off with the Fennel Sausage sliders. I am not a big fan of sausage but this was worth it. We told our server that they should put this on the menu as an entree instead of an appetizer. My husband and I both had steak. He had a ribeye and I had a filet. Both were grilled to perfection and tender. The crispy polenta is very interesting. It wasn't for me but my husband loved it. The service is the type that you would receive at an upscale restaurant. And the best part is with drinks and appetizers we didn't break the bank. We will definitely be back and if you are ever in Rochester,NY definitely make the time to to dine at Zeppa.

• Visited August 2012