All reviews mini quiches a beautiful historic building public spaces are continental breakfast jazz festival guest rooms yogurt rooms are large early check would stay here again enjoyed my stay parking lot wedding linens robes jacuzzi ballroom
Reviewed August 13, 2018

I stayed for one night with my teenager. Note no doubles but that did not bother us. The hotel is a beautiful historic building with a party/conference/wedding room on the second floor that is truly remarkable. I would definitely recommend for an event. However, as a hotel guest I was less impressed. Check in was excellent...we arrived very late and the man who checked us in was stellar, I am sorry I don't have his name (but for management it was Aug. 9th,) He was efficient, welcoming and helpful. Great start. The room was nice but a little tired; however, the bedding was really quite wonderful.

I had heard a lot about the food here, even our Uber driver went on about how great the food was so I was really looking forward to breakfast. It was a big let down, less than you might expect at a holiday inn or similar. It was a very sparse buffet with literally cold coffee, I am including a photo. More disappointing than the lackluster buffet was the employees. We waited a while to be seated, called to people we heard in the kitchen and were ignored so we sat and ate. Tables were not bussed and no one came out the entire time we ate. Just as we were finishing someone came in to do something at the liquor bar...no hello, no good morning, no are you doing ok.

We went up, got our bags and needed to store them for a few hours. Two of us went and stood at the front desk as two gals in the back room chatted for a while in our direct sight line. Finally after about 5 minutes (which is a long time when you are looking directly at someone) one gal called over to us "Do you have everything you need?". I actually had to answer, no, that is why I am standing here, I need help.

I stayed here because I want my daughter to know more than big chains, to appreciate beautiful architecture. However, between the poorly trained help and meager breakfast my plan to have her appreciate the one off hotels back fired solidly.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018

From the moment I walked in, the staff at The Inn on Broadway were attentive, available, and incredibly polite. From the front desk and room service and valet. The room was fantastically adorned in classic, retro styling and smelled clean and felt well kept. My experience only got better from that point on. Conversations with Sam, Anthony, and Allegra were genuinely authentic and provided an unexpected joy on my trip. This hotel is full of very interesting people. Tournedos, the restaurant and bar in the hotel provided me with one of the best dry-aged steak dinners I've ever had and the bartender and wait staff were professional, courteous, and on-the-spot with their service. Over the course of the few days I was there, I had a minor issue that would have resulted in a big problem for an event; who would have thought something so simple would have such serious implications? At any rate, the front desk pulled a string or two and helped me sort it out and pretty much saved the day! Like I said, VIP treatment the whole time. Couldn't be happier with the experience and highly recommend this establishment for anyone staying in the Greater Rochester area.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank J F
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Very clean and comfortable. Expensive but amazing steakhouse. They even put our leftovers in the cooler for us to take home the next day! Walking distance to all music venues, and a stage right in the parking lot with free music. Very pleasant staff. Breakfast was forgettable.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed June 2, 2018

It calls itself boutique, but it is not boutique or modern in any way. This building is old, with paper-thin walls. I say noisy because they pipe horrible elevator music into the halls from 8am-midnight daily, and you will never have peace and quiet. Add to that a church across the street that chimes every hour. It's also bad if you try to watch or listen to anything. And the restaurant is very busy on the weekend, so the crowd noise is also present, plus you have to dodge people to exit. It's in a fantastic location - near museums, restaurants, and downtown. Staff is excellent - kind and responsive. Internet and breakfast are free and average. Parking is good, but the restaurant valet makes it a bit confusing - just say you'll self park and go around the building. The room is suitable for vampires - with a squeaky wrought iron bed, victorian benches and displayed china dishes, and even a chandelier. The only bad thing for vampires is the abundance of mirrors. Bathroom is tiny, with a corner sink that is hard to use. Rooms are clean. Door is not safe - it is a physical key, and no secondary lock/deadbolt or anything. "Business center" is a phone booth that has been converted to have a bench and computer - it's TINY. Elevator is also small and would only fit 2 people tightly, or 1 accessible person per flight. Only one elevator. Beautiful, sweeping stairs, though! Would not recommend unless you're going to sleep after midnight, and only sleeping there.

Room Tip: Good luck, they are all loud and hard to get to. Try 2nd or 3rd floor so you can take the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank SpreheG
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

The property is charming but its quirks quickly became inconveniences and issues not acceptable for a hotel dealing with business professionals.

1-The first issue came up when I inquired about late checkout. I thought the front desk person was joking when they said it was a $50/hour charge after 11am and a full day charge after 1pm. He was not joking. The hotel charges by the hour if you need to check out after 11am - even if you are staying at their property for a business event being hosted there!

2-There was no hot water in the morning for any of the guest rooms (spoke with several colleagues on different floors). The answer given was the boiler broke and the plumber would not be there until 10am. You have a hotel full of business guests, and this is the best solution? Only a simple ‘I’m sorry for the inconvenience’ was offered by the staff. No discount voucher, free bottle of water, or maybe waive the checkout time & charge and let everyone have late checkout to allow your guests to have hot water to clean-up properly for personal hygiene.

3-in the middle of the work event they shut the elevator for repairs for about 3 hrs. The business events were on the second floor and the restrooms on the first floor. Alone not the worst issue, however just an added issue of the day.

The plus side is the room was quiet, dark, and bed very comfortable for sleeping.

The down side is the hotel does not seem to be concerned with the issues, and if they can charge you a fee for it they will.

The hot water issue and solution is IMO not an acceptable way to handle the situation. For some things, a simple I’m sorry doesn’t cut it.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business