Motel 6 Rochester Airport
$101
  • Pool
$125
Hotwire.com
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece(Rochester)(Great Value!)
$99
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I actually went to college in Rochester so I know the area well. Went there for few days and thought I would stay there since it is close to the airport. I was traveling by myself and I'm a guy so I'm ok with not staying at the Hilton or whatever.

But the hotel was beyond disgusting. The room I stayed in was supposed to be non-smoking, but it smelled like smoke and there was an ash tray provided by the motel on the night stand!

I woke up in the middle of the night freezing, I tried to turn the heater on but only cold air came up. I was too sleepy so I just put on my coat and went to sleep again. In the morning, I went down stairs and the maintenance guy came up with me. He pulled the cover off and saw that someone had taken the copper tubing of the heating element out!

(This right here tells you the type of people that stay at this motel)

So they gave me another room but didn't have any clean non-smoking left so I was stuck in a smoking room. The heater on that one was also pretty bad. I had to play with the dials for it to work. Also when they pulled off the cover, you coulld see that it was dirty and full of dust. I doubt the filter has ever been changed.

I slept that night in my sweat shirt and sweatpants.

Beyond disgusting. There are many other hotels right down the street for 10-15 bucks more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank coolfez
Reviewed November 20, 2012

First off myself my children and fiance was suppose to stay here for a weekend. We booked over the phone. It was no problem. we figured it wasnt a long stay so the amount was great for us so we thought.... we checked it the girl at the front desk was pleasant no problems. We get to the room and immediately we are like WTH..Immediately my children began sneezing and coughing. The room was very old looking the curtains to the bedspread to tv. Everything ooo so wrong but I say ok only to sleep. I go to sit on the bed its sooo hard makes noises. There was an imprint of someones elses behind in the bed. The bathroom door looked like someone tried to kick it in. There was cigarrett marks all over tub and sink in bathroom. The sheets are thin. Everything about this place is wrong. I spent more money around the corner at Days Inn but was sooo worth it!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sincerelyyours09
Reviewed November 16, 2012

OK, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel room when I pull off the road to get a few hours of zzzz's and I can accept the saying "you get what you pay for". But this Motel 6 is an exception to those rules.

Instead of leaving the lights on at Motel 6, why can't they just clean the rooms?

I suspect they probably pay the housekeepers about $10 per hour and I would guess they alot 10 minutes per room for a housekeeper to service it. Now here is a case of where you get what you pay for!

Torn and stained carpets, filthy bath tub, pubic hair on the bathroom floor. And that was what one could see. Just imagine what was hidden.

Motel 6 can be good and functional; but, in this hotel's case ... this is not possible. I hope the new owners of Motel 6 Corporation will pay attention to the quality of their hotels' housekeeping. If they can fix this issue, they will double the value of their recent investment.

I wonder when the last time the senior executives of Motel 6 actually got out and stayed at some of these re-purposed motels? It could be an eye-opening experience and they would begin to see travel through the eyes of their guests...and not their balance sheets.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TraveljohnsonJ
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I'm not hard to please and travel a fair amount, but you could not pay me to stay here again. Everything was wrong. Scary location, musty smelling, dirty carpets, no restaurant, very noisy guests, scary looking guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Travelmore999
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had no false expectations staying in a motel 6 - I expected it to be bare and run down but was optimistically hopeful for a clean bed and a hot shower.

The plexi-glass guarded checkin - where to avoid all human contact I had to slide my ID underneathe the window - should have tipped me off. (I even swiped my own credit card!)

the motel (and my room) smelled awful - even though the temperature was cool, the air was humid and heavy with smoke, dirt, grime and possibly mold.

When I walked in, the toilet was still running. Wondered how long ago my room was "cleaned".

My bed covers had cigarette burns in my "non smoking room". The bathroom still had a used bar soap, and all of the towels had hair and stains on them. It was disgusting. In the room was the saddest table and chair I'd ever seen.

There were alot of sketchy people abound - I definitely agree with previous reviews that the "neighborhood" did not appear to be that safe for a single woman traveling.

For the first time, I left the "motel" And found a Microtel about 25 minutes away that was $8 more per night and felt like a palace compared to this motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2012