“Allows pets, no bugs”

Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Allows pets, no bugs”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently moved from NH to TX, and stayed in Motel 6s every night, primarily because they allow animals. This particular one was clean, easy to find, and reasonably comfortable. The downside was the other guests-had I been traveling as a solo female I would have been very uncomfortable. Lots of loud activity outside the unit, and the occasional knock on the door with peculiar requests(no I do not have a lighter). Would I stay there again? Under the same circumstances-yes. Otherwise not a chance.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Caledonia, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Ok so I just got back from a one night stay at the Motel 6 Rochester Airport and I am still shaking and in disbelief. The word nightmare or any other word could not capture the experience I and my two very young children experienced. I have never written a review of any kind in the past, but I feel absolutely compelled to do so today. I apologize for the length of this review, but feel that it would be worth anyone who is contemplating a stay here to read. My family (myself, my 4 year old son and my 14 week old daughter) checked into this hotel on September 1st 2011 for a one night stay. This one night stay has made me reconsider ever traveling with my children without my husband again. Check in went fairly smooth. The lady at the front was not very welcoming, however, she was not rude or abrasive either. (this will come later). She was curt and to the point. Even offered me a better deal as I was traveling alone without another adult. On our way to our room it became fairly apparent that this hotel was more of a hostel. I believe that there are more weekly/monthly rentals than overnight stays. I met a couple of these residents in the stairwell on my way to the room. It was obvious that there were some addiction issues plaguing this couple, however, who am I to judge. They were kind to my kids and even asked if they could help carry stuff to our room. Once we got to our room I was satisfied with the cleanliness. Yes there were cigarette burns in the comforters and rug in a non smoking room, some hairs in the washroom, but nothing we couldn't live with for one night. Everything was pretty par for the course for a budget hotel until about 4:30 a.m. That was about the time that things became very unacceptable in a hurry and in retrospect, I do not know what is more disturbing the incident or the way the incident was dealt with by the staff at the motel 6. Ok so at 4:30 a.m. I heard my baby stirring. I got up to feed her and at that moment I heard a gut wrenching scream. This commotion must have been what roused the baby. I heard a man yelling in the hallway. He then started to bang and kick on the door. He was saying things like I know she is in there if you don't let me in I will kick this door down and beat your head in. Let her out of there. At first I thought he was at our door because the noise was so loud. I cowered in the corner with our kids for a a bit and then the noise stopped. I went to the door and looked out the peep hole. 2 minutes later he was back and angrier than before. I realized he was at the door across the hall and it was the man I met in the stairwell. He started to beat at the door again and was saying let her out of there. Come out of there. If you do not come out I will put needles at your door and call 911. This is when I called management and asked someone to come up and deal with this. I was shaking like a leaf and scared to death so I may have been a bit straight forward on the phone in order to make sure that they took me serious. The man on the phone was terribly rude and told me he was just up here and that he saw nothing. He did not believe me. I was wondering how I could get my kids out of there before a horrible confrontation started and possible gun shots fired. It was that bad. While waiting for management a girl came out into the hall to find out what was going on. She was told that the girl he was looking for OD'd in the room and the drug dealers took off to let her die alone. He was trying to save her. She joined in with the screaming and banging. All of this was clearly audible and very disturbing. My 4 year old was crying and shaking and kept asking if there were bad men in the hall. Anyways this ordeal took about 40 minutes to end. I believe the girl did not die in that room as no police or ambulance was ever called (however, I cannot be too sure based on that hotels lackadaisical attitude towards the situation) . No staff member ever contacted us to see if we were ok or to apologize for the incident. They knew we were upset and did not care in the least. In fact when I approached the manager in the morning she was rude and looked at me like my feelings were ridiculous. That it was ok for my 4 year old to be so scared that he wanted to go straight home to be with daddy rather than go to an amusement park. She did comp the room as I do not think she had any other choice, however, it was apparent that these types of incidents are a normal activity at this hotel. My suggestion for this hotel is to change their slogan from "we'll leave the light on" to "I am pretty sure you will not witness any domestic disputes and the girl in the room next to you will not overdose or your money back". If you are going to risk this hotel please know in advance that it has some serious flaws. This recount of our stay is factual and nothing has been exaggerated in anyway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
27 Thank Lori W
Lawrenceville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We arrived at about 3pm on Friday, May 20, 2011. There were 5 of us and we had reserved 3 rooms, all non-smoking. The rooms were not ready and we were told that we had booked 3 smoking rooms through the internet. The woman who booked our rooms had called and got the reservations and had confimations on hand when we arrived. We were sent to 2 rooms, which were smoking, and was told a 3rd would be available shortly. We waited almost 3 hours and with no word from the front desk, one of my fellow travelers went to the front desk and asked if we were getting a third room. The desk clerk was very uncooperative and still insisted that we had booked on the internet. A few words were exchanged between her and my friend. The desk clerk called the cops to have us removed. We willingly left. We did find other lodging, but DO NOT recommend this hotel. The front desk clerk either didn't know her job or she just didn't want to do her job. We did find out that the hotel was double booked and I think most of the people that had booked rooms showed up to claim them. She was giving other travelers a hard time also.

Room Tip: Always take your confirmation number with you.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Robin S
NY state
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We had asked for a non-smoking room on the phone, when we arrived, they gave us a smoking room. There was a dirty ashtray on the floor by the head of the bed. The toilet wouldn't flush. There was no clock in the room (although they did have a wake up service). The bathtub was so bad that I decided to wait and shower when I got home. It was dirty, there were cigarette burn stains on the edge, it was just gross. I wouldn't walk barefoot in the room, the carpet was so gross. We should have left but had already paid in cash. I guess you get what you pay for, but come on..... nothing needs to be that bad. (and to the person that said there were no drinking glasses, consider yourself lucky!!! You wouldn't want to drink out of anything there)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catchingyou
Rochester, NY
Reviewed January 16, 2009

Scheduled to fly out on December 23, 2008, I had to change my itinerary to December 24; I stayed at Motel 6 because it was close to the airport. Bed was hard, hot water in shower did not work, no drinking glasses in the room. But the worst of it was....BED BUGS. I developed an itchy rash all over my body; the doctor took one look, asked me if I had slept somewhere else; I said the Motel 6 by Rochester Airport; he said, "You have bed bugs!" Horrifying, and they are awful! I called the motel and left a message for the manager to call me back -- he called about two weeks later. Meantime, I called the New York Health Department, but by the time they checked out the motel three weeks after my stay, the room had been cleaned up. No doubt the manager took care of that as soon as he received my first phone message. I am currently pursuing the Motel 6 Corporation for compensation. As usual with big corporations, it is taking lots of my time, and they don't return calls for weeks at a time.
DO NOT STAY THERE! And please e-mail me if you have had problems; something needs to be done.

• Liked — Free coffee in the lobby
  • Disliked — Being infected with bed bugs
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
4 Thank Heatherbluesky
Jacksonville Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2008

The staff was very friendly and the laundry room appliances operated very well but other than that I would not recommend this motel to any human beings. Both beds were broken to the point where I put my box springs in the hallway and slept on the mattress. HBO channel faded in and out, no alarm clock, sinks, baths and toilets stopped up easily and either bed bug or flea infestation. It is on a nice piece of property and I'm sure it would be a good place to build a motel one day.

• Liked — The candy at the front desk
  • Disliked — Bed bugs, broken beds, stopped up drains, no clock in room.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DeannaJoe
Endwell, NY
Reviewed July 23, 2008

For a one night stay, it was ok. It was clean overall and the staff was very helpful.

• Liked — The Wireless Connection wasn't bad at all
  • Disliked — The rooms were small, lots of hallway noise (room was by the exit door on the 2nd floor)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)