“Authentic Taste and Decent Atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rochester, New York
“Authentic Taste and Decent Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been to Maricahi's several times and every time the food was fresh and authentic. Their bottomless fresh tortilla chips and salsa offering before you get your meals is awesome. The waiters and host have always been very polite and attentive. Just a few weeks ago we happened to go on a night they had a guitarist going table to table meeting people and playing a tune focused on the people he met. He was a good musician and singer and set a good tone for the atmosphere. This restaurant is very family friendly. Since many small children are not use to or like spicy food, they have a kid's menu of burgers, fries and chicken tenders. This makes it easier for parents to enjoy their favorite foods while their kids are happy as well. This is on our top 5 places to eat in the neighborhood.

• Visited December 2012

West Henrietta, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome and friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband i went here for dinner. I loved the food, and the service was wonderful. The waiter was very friendly and laughed at us because we ordered 2 Coronaritas, when clearly we should have shared. lol..They are HUGE! We left so full and happy, I can't wait to go again. Anyone that dislikes this place, must be way to picky and should stay home and eat. There is nothing bad to say about the place. And the decor is beautiful.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank daisyt123
Fairport, New York
“NEVER again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

It was a good thing I had a restaurant.com certificate for this place because the food was horrible! We arrived and were greeted with a less than friendly manor by the gentleman at the door....we were sat and after about 10 min our server came over, an older woman, the only non hispanic server in the restaurnat (not that it matters) who knew little to NOTHING about menu or drink items! When asked what kind of margaritas they had she said "oh it's on the back" and all that was on the back was small, medium, large and super!!! Then she attempted to tell me flavors. I had seen a sign at the front and caught Mango on the list so I ordered that....she said "oh I don't think we have that" and I told her they most certainly did. After receiving our drinks she said "i'll get your order in a few minutes"........try about 15!! Luckily another young gentleman brought us chips and salsa which was actually very good. I ordered the Fiesta Fajita's with chicken, shrimp and beef. When it arrived the plate it was on wasn't even hot let alone sizzling as Fajitas are supposed to be and the Fiesta must have been the peppers and onions on it because other than that I got 3 little shrimp, 2 pieces of chicken and maybe 5 strips of beef which was tough BEYOND belief!!! The tortilla's came folded and wrapped in foil on a separate plate and after eating my first one the other 2 were hard and chewy. Our server never came back to check on us until we were done which at that point we just wanted OUT!! Our bill came to $35.83 less the certificate of $25 and they are supposed to add 18% grat which they didn't and though she DID NOT deserve 10% for a tip I left her 20% because I felt sorry for her. It seemed being the only "non-hispanic" server in the place the owner seemed to pick on her and yell at her every chance he got IN FRONT of people which frazzled her even more! The ONLY good part of the night was the Mango and the Strawberry Margarita's my daughter and I had. Don't waste your time.........go to Salena's!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank gwenisha
Rochester, NY
“Super Authentic Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in with my family and what a treat. The service was top notch and the food was authentic and delicious.

Victor, NY
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just had a wonderful experience at Mariachi's with friends and family. Tonight a live mariachi band was playing and they made us all free like we were in Mexico. We were all enjoying authentic atmosphere and delicious food. I highly recommend it!

• Visited September 2012