“Great place to stay in Rochester”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 9 Rochester B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay in Rochester”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I are newly married and we stayed at the Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast. The place is very inviting and cozy. The breakfast was amazing. Lou and Cindy did an excellent job and they have a wonderful personality. I will definatly come back and visit. Chris and Jodie F.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Depew, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have never stayed in a bed & breakfast before, so I was a little hesitant, but all the reviews I read online, and their website enticed me to book it. I have no regrets. The house is absolutely gorgeous and the room was more than cozy. My husband and I would stay there again and would highly recommend it. Cindy & Lou were very personable and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014
Depew, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed in hotels all over the country but never stayed at a bed and breakfast. If all bed and breakfasts' are as soothing, warm, inviting, comfortable and relaxing as "The Rose Garden", I will never stay at another hotel again. When you open the door the first thing that catches your eye is the ambiance! It's like you walked into a setting from the early 1900's and it was refreshing. The decor is perfect! From the stunning woodwork to the sculpture placed perfectly on the piano and the warmth of the fireplace, and this is just the living room. As you walk up the beautiful staircase, you notice that this place feels like home. The room my wife choose was amazing! Spacious, comfortable and again full of warmth. Let's talk about the breakfast. Well besides the incredible dinning setting, the perfect china, and once again the warmth of the room, the food was amazing! Perfect fresh fruit, delightful coffee and food that not only was extremely well prepared but was delicious! And it's all you can eat, trust me! Now to the best thing about our stay was Cindy and Lou. Talk about warm and charming, that's these two fine people. They take warmth to a new level, and it's not overbearing. Somehow they understand how to invite you in and make you feel as you belong there, then they give you your space! Cindy and Lou has hit it out of the park here. I would like to congratulate them on what they have, a perfect place! Thank you Cindy and Lou for two wonderful nights!

• Stayed March 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast during Parents weekend at the University of Rochester. Our room was clean and cozy with great attention to detail. The owners were as nice as they could be and served us the most amazing breakfasts. They were also quite helpful with giving us suggestions for places to eat and sights to see. We also thoroughly enjoyed chatting with the other guests by the fire in the living room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn F
switzerland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Staying with Cindy and Lou at the Rose Garden transformed a business trip into a delightful experience in which I learned much about true American hospitality. As other travelers have noted, the B&B has been created with loving care and attention to detail. The English Rose room is spacious and extremely well equipped with a very comfortable bed, thanks to which I was able to gain a full night's sleep despite jet lag and time differences! Lou's breakfasts are a culinary treat and Cindy's garden is charming. However, what makes the Rose Garden experience outstanding is the truly genuine, kind hospitality of the owners. From before I arrived until the moment they dropped me off at the airport, Cindy and Lou did absolutely everything to ensure I had a good stay: getting a kettle so I could make tea, waiting patiently for me at the airport when my flight was delayed, giving me free rides into Rochester for my conference (much appreciated!), helping me rent a bike... the list goes on. In addition, they provide a wonderfully upfront, honest, authentic welcome. By the end of my week's stay I felt part of the family. What they do goes way beyond the normal B&B or hotel service and for me represents the very best of true American hospitality. A big thank you for a wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: The English Rose room is spacious, very well-equipped and charming.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cjch
Lovettsville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked three rooms on short notice so that 10 of us -- ranging in age from 73 years to 4 months -- could come to Rochester from Virginia, Vermont and California to attend a dear relative's memorial service and be together for two rare days of shared sadness but also important quality time. Cindy and Lou were marvelous to our entire family, showing little touches of thoughtfulness throughout our time together. When Lou learned that our grandson was studying Suzuki violin, he took time to talk with him about his own musical career and to show him a violin he was in the process of repairing. The breakfasts were outstanding, and Cindy prepared special things for the 3 and 5 years olds. We've lost most of our Rochester-based family (my husband grew up there), but we will return and will definitely visit the Rose Garden B&B again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela B
Rochester
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was the location for a special luncheon with 7 friends - and it was a most delightful setting. The beautiful gardens and amazing porch invited us to find a comfy seat and relax in this restful setting. A tour of the inn tempted us to book a room - even though we live nearby. But it was the luncheon that crowning touch! Fresh fruit salads, grilled pineapple, peaches and cream stuffed fresh toast with homemade turkey sausage - served so graciously by Cindy and Lou - each course was more scrumptious!

I would definitely book this lovely inn for any special event in the future!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!