“Lovely, charming little place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 9 Rochester B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely, charming little place!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Wonderful owners, wonderful food, and gorgeous place. The garden is AMAZING. The vintage cameras in the living room were so cool. Cindy and Lou are super nice, really love taking care of guests, and are very welcoming. We wished we could have stayed longer and even considered extending our trip because it was so relaxing and we felt so pampered.

Room Tip: They're all a little different and come with their own charm and aesthetic. You can find picture...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
dayton
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a wonderful time, we only wish we could have stayed longer. Cindy and Lou were so nice and accommodating. We felt welcomed the moment we arrived and enjoyed their beautiful home. Breakfast was exceptional, much more than we expected. We enjoyed it so much that we have to come back and stay longer.
Lisa and Brian

• Stayed July 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I were in Rochester visiting family and I had foolishly made a mistake in our reservations at hotel so we had no place to stay. We frantically called all over and there were no hotel rooms to be had. We called another B&B and they were full but recommended the Rose Garden and luckily someone had cancelled. What serendipity! It is an older Victorian house in a quiet neighborhood and you feel like you went back in time. The house is filled with amazing touches, from the furniture to the nicknacks My wife loved it (it was a bit frilly for my taste but it was spotless and comfortable. The gardens are awe-inspiring.
Cindy and Lou were wonderful hosts and Lou's breakfast was sublime. It is where we will be staying in Rochester from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My partner and I had cause to be in Rochester for a funny mix of work (mine with folks at Nazareth College and his in the service of his PhD) and visiting family. Cindy and Lou opened their home to us in ways that allowed us to be independent (easy check in/check out policies; parking on-site, use of common spaces) and a little spoiled (daily coffee in to go mugs with Wegman's muffins for me, when we realized I needed to be out at an unreasonably early hour and delicious solo-breakfasts for my partner before he sank into ten hour stretches of work).

I was charmed by the pocket door on the bathroom and the windowed closet. My partner was grateful for the wrap-around porch and garden spaces that allowed him to read and write and think in more than just our room.

Family and friends in the area plan to send folks their way and may even stay themselves for in-town get-aways.

Room Tip: The English Rose Room was massive; we could have easily traveled with my teen daughter who would hav...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 012345km
Corunna, Michigan
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying twice at this lovely B&B. My daughter was going to school at the University of Rochester and this was quick and convenient alternative to boring hotels. (Really wish they had opened earlier as we only discovered them Senior year) My first visit I stayed in the Asian Orchid Room and loved the rich feel of the room and the very comfy bed. For graduation weekend my husband and I enjoyed the English Rose Room. Such a bright and cheerful room with a large bathroom (great for multiple people getting ready in the morning) and a cozy nook that can accommodate children or a place to curl up and read a good book.
Cindy and Lou are so welcoming and so accommodating. Dietary issues? No problem! I've witnessed Lou create special works of art for guests requesting gluten free (me) to those that are Vegan or Vegetarian. In fact they look at special requests as a challenge and boy do they rise to the occasion.
The house is eclectic with special touches of Cindy's hand painted furnishings that add to that homey feel. Their large porch and garden yard are full of large and small surprises. So very lovely. Of course one of the best aspects of the B&B is that you never know who you will have the chance to meet and get to know. Whether it's over early afternoon soup time, pre breakfast in the living room or at the community breakfast table, you'll enjoy every minute of your stay. Thanks Cindy and Lou for your wonderful hospitality. Wishing you all the best!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyB810
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Lou and Cindy are excellent hosts and full of interesting tips and suggestions on how to spend time in Rochester. The house is great, extremely comfortable with a warm and friendly feel in a neat older section of Rochester. The food is wonderful, atmosphere great, I can highly recommend Lou and Cindy's Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Aarau, Switzerland
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Very friendly reception, charming interior, tasty breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Staybridge Suites Rochester University

Been to Rose Garden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!