“Best Indian food in the city by far!”

Amaya Indian Cuisine
Ranked #49 of 1,266 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern Indian flavors transformed into a contemporary gourmet experience! Pleasant, amazing dining experience.
“Best Indian food in the city by far!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have never been a huge fan of Indian food because, in my experience, it has been mushy, colorless, and generally disappointing. I found out about Amaya from a friend an I am now a happy loyal diner!

Amaya's food appeals to modern tastes while offering traditional appeal. We have been to the restaurant well over 10 times and each experience has been consistent: Excellent service, fresh and tasty food, and a modern but elegant atmosphere.

I am only writing now because today was our first time at their lunch buffet and we were blown away by the value and quality of the buffet. I still can't believe the selection of entrees, sides, dessert, drinks and freshly baked naan - all for only $10!

We look forward to out next visit!

Webster, New York
“What a GREAT Suprise”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

What a nice and pleasant surprise. My wife and I along with 3 other couples went to Amaya for dinner, out of the 8 only 3 have ever had Indian food before. Upon arrival, the staff was very welcoming, the restaurant was nice and presentable. The wait staff understood our lack of knowledge of Indian food and was very helpful to explain the menu items. As the food arrived we started on what we individually ordered, then shared with each other and soon realized that this food was simply awesome. The owner stopped by to make sure we were happy. The evening was fun and very enjoyable, we all agreed that we would be back.

I would defiantly recommend this as a place to eat, if you have never eaten Indian food before, this is the place to come and try it, you will not be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
“Great food.. But your server saved your butts on this one!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I came him with my wife and two daughters hoping your place would change my misconception of Indian food. We came at a time when there were four, maybe five huge parties that came at once. I understand the food service and how easily things can get backed up.

And backed up they did.

If it weren't for our server, Laura, I was about ready to walk out. She kept my girls laughing, my wife smiling and me, i was content with my king fisher.

She raved about the food, insisting we stay and seriously swearing by all you serve and represent. The good was DELICIOUS BEYOND WORDS!

Thanks Laura, for changing my misconception on Indian food and attitude on a good night that started bad and ended well.

Kudos to this young lady!

Rochester, New York
“Authentic Indian cuisine”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

One of the best Indian restaurants in Rochester. I will highly recommended to anyone with a sense of adventure for exotic food.

Rochester, NY
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went to Amaya because we had a restaurants.com coupon. What a nice surprise. Tucked in the corner of Loehmann's Plaza in Brighton you could easily miss it. (It's beside the Post Office) We not only had great and interesting food but found a friendly atmosphere that made the whole experience more enjoyable. Our server, Laura, was just great, friendly and helpful with good suggestions on Indian food. We appreciated that since we were not too familiar with the cuisine.
We started with handcrafted cocktails. My wife liked the Anarita made with pomegranate juice, I liked the Brooklyn Prohibition.
We ordered the baby lamb chop and samosa appetizers. The lamb chops were tender and perfectly cooked, the samosas were delicious. Laura brought us three different sauces since we were new at this; tamarind, coconut ant mint. I liked all three but my favorite was the mint that had a little bite to it.
We moved on to the Malai Kebab for my wife and Lamb Palak for me. Both were served with a side of vegetables and basmati rice. My wife's kebab was good but the Lamb Palak was great. My wife kept eating mine. The lamb was spicy but not overly so but we like spicy. If your sensitive you might prefer the Malai Kebab. We also had a serving of the garlic naan bread which was good for cleaning up my palak.
We finished with the chocolate samosa and coconut pie desserts. Again, these were delicious. If you want something light for dessert I'd go with the chocolate samosa. It comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
We will be returning as we had great food and a very pleasant experience. We will definitely ask for Laura as our server, she could not have done a better job in making us feel completely at home.

2 Thank Diner_Mike