“Terrible Food - Nice Counter Help”
Review of Mise en Place

Mise en Place
Ranked #250 of 1,363 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I recently ordered a salad with salmon for lunch here. I took one taste and spit it out.
I twas horrible. The counterman tried it and agreed with me.
They replaced it with something else and were very nice. My wife had a beet salad. She thought it was very expensive for a few beets and greens.

This is another place in Rochester's South Wedge touted for excellence.
We find it unacceptable and way too pricey.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

"Mise en place" translates to "a place for everything". This is a place for great food. It is so casual in that you go to the deli counter to order but you get gourmet preparation. I am partial to the scallops and carrots vinaigrette. It is located in one of the trendier neighborhoods so to sit by the windows and people watch is an added bonus and then you can wander over and buy a quart of milk to take home with you--perfect.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Everytime i've been to Mise en Place the food has been really good, I especially like the meatloaf fries.
My wife and I went last Sat. to see the new menu items. Aside from sampling the mac & cheese bits, the chicken cutlet sandwich, and the loaded hot dog, we ordered the new "Mise en plate" and it was great! Yes, the Rochester "plate" has been done, but the cheese burger with mac and cheese, frenchfries, crispy onions and meat sauce was outstanding. Now I need to go back and try it with hot dogs.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Good food options especially for take out but you can eat in too. I always get the Chicken cutlet sandwich, tasty. Perfect neighborhood market quality food, fresh produce, meat cheese etc. Great beer selection. Great service

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I had a nice grilled cheese and my BF had some chili. Quite nice to sit in the window and watch the South Wedge residents walk around South Street. It also seems to be a little gormet mini market for locals.