“Like NYC”

Fox's Deli
Ranked #149 of 1,364 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Soups
Reviewed June 5, 2014

If we were in the City, we would be at this deli to take advantage of the great sandwiches piled high with pastrami and eating the dill pickles.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Rochester all my life and have been going to Fox's since I was a child. My husband and I go there every few months, but we have finally given up. Every meal is more disappointing than the last and the prices are absurd. We went for lunch a few days ago - we each had a small cup of soup; I had a turkey sandwich which turned out to be cold cuts on rye bread and a soda; my husband ordered pastrami on rye and was served half of a turkey sandwich and half pastrami and a cup of coffee. The bill with tax and tip was over $40. For lunch. For the most mediocre food you can find in Rochester. I am not holding out any hope that Fox's will improve.

1  Thank lisako
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been going to Fox's for over 18 years. I can't believe I haven't written a review yet!
Fox's is Rochester. Just like Nick Tahou's and Abbott's. The food is always wonderful - our (my wife and two teens) favorites are the Reuben, New York New York (hot corned beef and pastrami with cole slaw on rye), Bologna and the Beast, the Chicken Soup, and Pleasin' the Wease. You have to go to their website to see what all these cute names mean (www.foxsdeli.com).
The atmosphere is NYC - the service is great - the prices are reasonable - and Shelley the owner is always on site making sure that everything is just right!
When in Rochester, make sure you visit Fox's for lunch!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great food at a reasonable price. Ruebens are excellent. Even when they are busy, you can get great food and great service.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Brought my shviger (mother-in-law) for a corned beef sandwich. Nu, where's the pickle? "That will cost a dollar extra" ! This is not the Fox's that was on Joseph Avenue.

2  Thank henry c