“All Around Wonderful Deli - Always Delicious - Family Friendly”
Review of Fox's Deli

Fox's Deli
Ranked #237 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Soups
Pittsford, NY
“All Around Wonderful Deli - Always Delicious - Family Friendly”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been going to Fox's for over 18 years. I can't believe I haven't written a review yet!
Fox's is Rochester. Just like Nick Tahou's and Abbott's. The food is always wonderful - our (my wife and two teens) favorites are the Reuben, New York New York (hot corned beef and pastrami with cole slaw on rye), Bologna and the Beast, the Chicken Soup, and Pleasin' the Wease. You have to go to their website to see what all these cute names mean (www.foxsdeli.com).
The atmosphere is NYC - the service is great - the prices are reasonable - and Shelley the owner is always on site making sure that everything is just right!
When in Rochester, make sure you visit Fox's for lunch!

• Visited June 2013

Rochester, NY
“Great Ruebens”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great food at a reasonable price. Ruebens are excellent. Even when they are busy, you can get great food and great service.

• Visited April 2013
Rochester, New York
“A dollar for a pickle?”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Brought my shviger (mother-in-law) for a corned beef sandwich. Nu, where's the pickle? "That will cost a dollar extra" ! This is not the Fox's that was on Joseph Avenue.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank henry c
Webster, NY
“Not A Long Island Deli”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having grown up on Long Island, Fox's Deli is a huge disappointment. The LI deli I used to go to delivered bowls of cole slaw and pickles to the table before bringing water. Fox's doesn't even serve a pickle spear with a pastrami sandwich. Their home made rye bread recipe has to be from Goyim; no self respecting Jew would approve. You would be better off getting a sandwich from Brownsteins on Monroe Avenue. An okay place if you have never been to a real deli.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank NoScheduleTraveler
Rochester
“Quick and Tasty No Nonsense Lunch”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my first time at Fox's Deli and I will definitely be back. My dining companion had been there previously for a less than desirable burger but he was willing to try the place again. I love, love, love potato latkes and since I don't make them at home, I make a point of ordering them out at restaurants. I have had them in a few restaurants and a few friend's homes and they generally have the same consistency (shape and size). I was a little thrown off by the plumper, smaller version of latkes here but they were pretty good. My dining companion got the Smokin' Joe sandwich and he liked that more than his previous burger. Two big plusses for me were: 1. The place was super clean (which is hard to maintain on a slushy, snowy day) and 2. They have Nances Mustard on the table. I grew up with Nance's mustard and it's the only kind I like. I have never seen it on the table as a staple at any other place I've been to eat, ever. The service was lightning fast, so much so that we had time to catch up before heading back to work. My only minus was no refill after I paid the bill. We sat there for a little while talking and I really wanted another cup of coffee but the waitress disappeared. Overall good place for a quick lunch, food is decent, service is good and priced accordingly.

• Visited January 2013