“Disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saranac Lake, New York
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I went there with my family and I was disappointed to say the least. Not good noodles, werent fully cooked. woundt go there again

Visited May 2013

Rochester, New York
“Not fancy but great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a wonderful neighborhood Asian noodle restaurant. Sure, you can get other things, but the noodles and the pho are delicious. Karen makes sure everyone gets great service and the prices are very very reasonable. I keep going back, and my family loves it too!

Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York
“We didn't even get to place our order”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is my second time trying to eat dinner at New Ming. I was excited all day about the Pineapple Fried Rice i was going to order. When my sister and i walked in they told us to find a table, then proceeded to ignore us for more than 15 minutes. We got up and walked out. I'm really disappointed and won't ever try to eat there again. Their last shot with me is delivery, we'll see how that goes on Tuesday.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bonnabelle320
Rochester NY
“Halfty-Halfty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The chef and front management of the burned out House of Poon at one time operated this low-key Asian bistro with many of the same dishes. It was excellent. I don't know if they're still involved and I caught them on an off night, but man, things are not what they once were.

It's hard to park nearby and we hadn't been in a while for that reason. We ordered two old favorites for take-out the other evening. One dish was as good as it ever was, although the portion was a bit smaller. (I get it, the chicken isn't as inexpensive as it once was--but can I have more veggies rather than 2/3 of a carton?), and the other was a major, watery, disappointment. In addition to the miserable garlic sauce, the scallops were deep-fried (not mentioned on the menu) and their coating falling off, the broccoli limp and sparse, the sauce both thin and flavorless. Even rice portions were kind of skimpy.

I guess I'm still looking for a good Chinese eatery to replace House of Poon. I have to wonder if the addition of other Asian cuisines has weakened the powerhouse which was once the kitchen,

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MimsyBorogove
New York City, New York
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Best Chineese food- But VERY expensive- Small portions.
Service is great, the price is just not what you would expect. I guess if you want really good food- and are willing to except small portions at a large price- Then this is a good place for you.

• Visited August 2012