“Excellent food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rochester NY
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Finally went there for dinner. WOW. Excellent food. Nice variety of asian dishes (thai, chinese, vietnamese) But not over done. Just enough choices and variety.
I had the Pho soup...Fresh and delicious. The Eggplant dish was tasty and savored every bite. Nice big mug of hot tea. Had fresh spring rolls to start. They were okay. Have had better. but not bad. Casual and family friendly. Take available as well.

• Visited February 2012

“Frwesh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

We visit this place a lot. Not sure why I haven't reviewed it before. Food is always fresh and you can see it being cooked so you know it hasn't been nuked. The Pho is yummy and my wife always get s some noodle dish and asked for extra broccoli and they always smile and load up the plate with it. The place is small but welcoming,

• Visited December 2011
Rochester, New York
“Delicious food... once they finally brought it to us.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've had take out a few times from New Ming, and have always thought it was really great. My sister and her boyfriend go there all the time and always have a really great experience. So we thought it would be a nice place to take our cousin for her last night in Rochester. Wrong. They only had one waitress working when we got there, but we were the only new table at the time, and there were only three of us, so they didn't really seem short staffed. Then a family of four came in after we were all set to order, and their order was taken first. We ordered mango spring rolls and crispy rolls, once she finally came to our table. We figured since we were all starving that those would come out quick and get us through until our dinner was ready. Wrong again. A third table was seated, then 3 or 4 take out customers came in and that family of four I mentioned received their soups and appetizers. We sat there and sat there and nothing came out for us. I did see our mango spring rolls up on the counter for probably 20 minutes before they were brought over to us. But that family received their entrees while the waitress was talking to the take out customers and going through their bag item by item. I get that it got busy all at once and that sucks when you’re alone, but she managed to bring food to her other table. And then when finally, 45 minutes after we got there she brought us our appetizers. Well two of our appetizers. They’d forgotten to make my cousins Crispy Roll. So that came out with the entrees. And there was no apology for ignoring us for probably 25 -30 minutes, which I found incredibly rude. Then our entrees came out and she just plopped them by the empty chair at our table and I had to ask twice for my rice. No apology there either. Plus, that poor 3rd table that had been seated before the take out customers came in, still hadn’t had the chance to order. The mango spring rolls and peanut dipping sauce were delicious, as was my sweet and sour chicken and both of the other girls thought their food was really good too, so it really sucks how bad the service was. Normally if one (food) was good and the other (service) was bad, I would give them an even average, but the service was SO bad, that the awesome food couldn’t even save it.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rochester, NY
“Best Pho in Rochester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Small, casual, inexpensive, fast, tasty and the best Pho in Rochester - hands down! - Other noodle dishes are also quite good. My only complaint is that there is no AC so it can get unpleasantly hot in the summer.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank kengor
Rochester, New York
“Consistenly good Asian noodle dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been to New Ming and its cousin, Ming on S. Clinton, several times and have never had a bad experience. The food is consistently good, and fresh, and I love the open-kitchen concept.. The only hard part for me is deciding what to order. The rice dishes are OK, but go with the soups and noodles and you wont' be disappointed.

• Visited August 2011