“RIT moving” 3 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
“RIT moving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Exterior is well maintained and the staff is friendly and efficient. Interior is a bit dated but it is well maintained and clean. Considering the cost of rooms when RIT has an event or students are moving, $ 149.00 plus taxes and fees was a bargain.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Ron,
Thank you so much for sharing about your stay with us and fellow travelers. I am happy to hear that we were the right fit for you and the family during the move in weekend. Thank you for the kind words about the exterior our maintenance team works very hard to keep it looking amazing. I am excited to share that over the next year we will be making a lot of updates to the interior of the hotel. Plans have started and we are expecting to start this winter, I will be thrilled to hear your thoughts of the changes when you return to the property for the many occasions that RIT has the parents and families in town. Thank you for staying with us we look forward to your next visit and wish the best of luck to the college student!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
Poughkeepsie, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel over 8 years. In that time nothing but the staff has changed. Carpets and furniture are stained and worn. The breakfast area is very small and crowded - it should be 3 times the size. It is not always as clean as I would expect. I belong to the Best Western Loyalty Program. I am at the highest level in the rewards program, yet I never feel special or acknowledged by the staff. I always hand them my card upon check in. They record my number or state it is already on the reservation, but I need to ask for an upgrade or perk. They never upgrade me. Sometimes they give me a bag with water and chips - but I see them hand the same bag to others- so my status in the rewards program means nothing to them. Wondering why I continue to stay? Well it is extremely close to where I need to go on my trips to Rochester. I use to stay at this hotel 1 - 2 times per month. Now I stay at other hotels in the area as well. Many of these hotels offer a nicer, newer product for the same cost or less.

• 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank Noreen M
James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Martin,
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to us to know what you think. I would like to thank you for being such a loyal guest to us over the years. I am sorry to hear that we have not exceeded you expectations during your last stay, however I am very excited to share with you that we understand what you and guests have told us. Coming this fall is a renovation to the property and expansion of the breakfast room, fitness center and much more. We would like to keep you as our guest and if there is anything I can do for you are answer and concerns you may have please do not hesitate to reach out to me. 585-427-2700 or jmahoney@visions-hotels.com

Arlington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This Best Western is located South of Rochester on I 390 (N of NY Thruway). Every type of restaurant you could want is near by. The BBQ place has good Catfish fingers. There is a Wegman's about a mile away, and a Regal Theater. A Thai restaurant, across from an Indian hole-in-the-wall that is better than the nearer Indian place. (The Aloo Tikki is way too spicy.) There is a Chinese Buffet. The Sunoco has a Convenience store. Free Dinner Buffet (M-Th).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay with us and future travelers. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding area, I can agree that there is so much to do and if only traveling for a few days there wouldn't be enough time. Myself and the team are excited to hear that everything was great during your stay and cant wait to see you again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Good value stay...rooms clean, quiet...nothing overly fancy (sink was in the main room..not the washroom fyi). No frills at a reasonable price.

Staff very friendly....was here for a quick stop enroute to NYC and as a one night layover had no real complaints.

Didnt take them up on their free breakfast. .was bit crowded in there when I was departing....

Restaurant next door....or its on a strip with other chain dining experiences (and a mall).

If you just need a place to rest your head....

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Trent,
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay, I am sorry to hear that the breakfast room was a bit crowded. I would however like to share that the next time you are in the area we would like to accommodate you again and that we have plans of expanding the breakfast room this fall. I am happy to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations of hospitality and will be happy to share your thoughts with them. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is our third stay at the Marketplace BW.As with our 2 previous stays check in was quick and efficient... nice touch offering a bottle of cold water and chips. King size room was clean, the bathroom is a bit small but I like the idea of having the vanity outside. Room came with a microwave and fridge. Breakfast was the standard breakfast meat and eggs... sufficient enough, all day coffee was a bonus (always hot!!!). Room was made up before we returned and all supplies were replenished. Strong WiFi

Great place for the money....

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed yet another great stay with us. I will be pleased to share you words with the team and we all look forward to seeing you on your forth stay to the property. If there is anything else we can do for you please feel free to reach out to us.
Buffalo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Very nice value for the price paid. Hotel room was clean. Bathroom is extremely small area for shower and toilet, but other than that no complaints. good, clean place for a reasonable price. Check in and check out were easy.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the kind words about your stay, I will be happy to share your comments with the team. I am glad that we met and exceeded your expectations and would like to take this time to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

James
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Great hotel, Excellent location. Very Clean. Bathroom smaller than expected. Great breakfast. Thank you for everything. Very close to all amenities and the freeway. We will surely return to this location again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James_Best_Western, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time out of your day to share your stay with us. I an very pleased to hear that you enjoy not only the property but the Rochester as a whole, I know that the team will be very happy to hear about the nice things you have shared. I am also very excited to hear that we will be seeing you soon, if there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to call.

Warm Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
#26 of 30 in Rochester
3.5 of 5 stars 200 reviews
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside

Been to BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn? Share your experiences!