“Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn”

Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good hotel to use during our visits to the University of Rochester. Very good service, clean rooms, and good value for the money. Very clean and close-by to our trip destination. Conveniently located off of I-390.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James_Best_Western, General Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for the pleasant comments on the cleanliness of our property, we strive to be the best in cleanliness and service. My team always like to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy you chose to stay with us during your visit to the university, we hope to see you again soon,

James Mahoney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
New York, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

For the price of around $100 per day of stay, obviously you're not looking at a five star hotel quality and comfort. but I can say i was really satisfied with my stay there and I think the quality and services they provide are more than what you pay for.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the feedback on the property and our outstanding amenities. We hope to see you the next time you are in Rochester NY

James Mahoney
Ocala, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was not very good. We have stayed at many Best Western establishments throughout the US and by far, this was the worst. The hotel smelled of smoke and must, even though it was supposed to be a smoke-free facility. The housekeeping staff should be evaluated and shown how to clean and service a room. The breakfast options were fairly limited. The breakfast area was very small and congested, making it difficult to get your food. It also was so small that it couldn't accommodate the number of guests - on Sunday, some guests had to take their breakfast and eat on a couch/chair in the lobby -- we went out for our breakfast as the line was very long, out into the hallway. Overall, the cost of the room was definitely too much for the quality of our stay. We'll probably opt for the Hampton Inn next time -- at least we'll know that we'll be getting the most for our money.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James_Best_Western, General Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on the stay you had with us. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy yourself. As we are a non-smoking hotel we do occasionally have a guest who will smoke in the room. We do our best to enforce the rule and charge any guest who smokes in the hotel and have the room deep cleaned. I would also like to mention that we are going to be undergoing a renovation this fall and enlarging the breakfast room is in the plans. I would like to extend an invitation to allow us to have a second chance at making your stay in Rochester the best you can have. If you should need any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Miniature, very low toilets on floor!! Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.Otherwise very good.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback on the room and bathrooms, Other than the issue you had i am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We all hope to be able to accommodate you the next time you are in Rochester. If you should need anything further please feel free to contact us. One of my staff members will be more than happy to help you out.
stamford, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I didn't check the room first; if I did I would have discovered that the room was not made up and the next room they gave me was not vacuumed and garbage from the previous guest was not removed. The reservation could not be found for 15 minutes during check in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Stephen,
Thank you for the review on your stay. I am upset to hear we did not meet your needs while here in Rochester, I have taken the input you have given me and shared it with my staff to better the check in process to make the experience a better one for you and your fellow travelers. We are making some large changes come this fall with the property and rooms. I hope to be able to share the new things with you the next time you are in the area.
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Prior to my last stay at the hotel I would have recommended this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Now I don't think I would. The first room we had was not cleaned and missing items. The second room we received and stayed in was not much better. The furniture was missing knobs and pulls. The ceiling had water stains and overall the room looked old. Breakfast was a disaster. There was not enough room to hold everyone and the food was just presented very disorganized. We just grabbed what we could and moved back to our room to eat. Most likely will stay at the competitor next door.

1 Thank Andrew I
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us!, I am sad to hear we did not meet your expectations of the property. I have shared this review with my staff to help us better the experience the next time you are in the area. If there is anything i can do for you or if you would like to discuss your stay further with me please feel free to contact me directly.
Rochester, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The staff did everything and more to make our experience a wonderful one. Warm cookies every afternoon. Hassle free shuttle to golf course. Stored our bags, gave us maps, helped us with dinner reservations, ice cold water bottles for the ride home. I can't say enough.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback you have extended to us. I am happy to say i have shared this information with my entire staff and team. We all appreciate the nice things you had to share with us. The PGA was a very exciting event for the area and I am happy we filled your lodging needs at the Beat Western. We hope to be able to be the hotel you choose the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radiance Inn And Suites
Radiance Inn And Suites
#28 of 31 in Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece

Been to Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn? Share your experiences!