“Very nice stay”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
eden, United States
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This Best Western was very nice. The staff was helpful. We had a free dinner and breakfast which really saves money. Just there one overnight for college visit, but it was clean and comfortable. Internet was very fast. No pool, which we didn't care about. I recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James_Best_Western, General Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself while here at the hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with my team, We hope to see you again the next time you are in Rochester or visiting the college.

James Mahoney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Niagara
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After a lengthy effort the staff at best Western headquarters assisted a full refund for 2 nights at this hotel. A room that was to be renovated was used when the hotel was over-booked. The room fell far below standards and Best Western stood behind their name.

Room Tip: Get there early even if you have a reservation
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Preston, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Overall we were pretty happy with our stay here, but the bed was hard and the bathroom had mold on the ceiling and walls. Our shower didn't work properly. Lots of perks though (free breakfast, free DVDs to watch, free cookies). The free dinner on weeknights was only soup and iceberg lettuce in a bar.

1 Thank Matthew F
James_Best_Western, Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Mathew,

Thank you for the feedback on the hotel and your stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed some of the amenities that we offer. As far as the issues you had with the room I am taking them up with maintenance department to have them fixed ASAP. The feedback you gave us was very helpful to myself and my team. I have shared your review with the entire team to help get the issues resolved.

If you would like to contact me directly to further discuss the issues you had please feel free to call 585-427-2700 and ask for myself.

League city,Tx, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

see complete list given a few pages ago... #1 Bathtub would not drain #2 Toilet would not flush #3 Iron would not work #4 Coffee maker would not work #5 Wash basin slow drain (connected to same drain as bath and all kinds of "JUNK" would float up #6 Curtain was so old it could not be completely closed and sun would wake you when it came up. #7 overall motel appearance was "old, rundown & seedy If I had not reserved by internet I would have left after viewing lobby much less the room. If I had more time I would go on but I have to look up a Motel chain to stay at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Robert E W
James_Best_Western, General Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Robert,
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to me and my team. I can assure you that all the issues you have had are being addressed by myself. If you would like to contact me directly to further discuss the issues you had I would like to try and fix the issue.

Please feel free to contact me at 585-427-2700, Ask the clerk for myself.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room was very clean! The queen beds in the double rooms had relatively new mattresses with duvets on them which had a clean covering every time the beds were changed, much better then bedspreads that are stained you find in most hotels!. The beds were comfy to sleep on.The room had a microwave and fridge. The bathroom itself was tiny although the sink and mirror were just outside the door of the bathroom. The vanity on the sink was small but adequate. The room when we entered was cool and smelled clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The price for the four us, which was excellent, included a complimentary dinner at a sister hotel within walking distance and breakfast on site. Both meals were great although the breakfast had far more choices. There were snacks and coffee in the main lobby at all time. We will certainly return when passing through the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
James_Best_Western, General Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Shlopsky,

Thank you very much for your feed back on your stay with us. I am glad to hear we met and exceeded your expectations. I will be happy to share the feedback with the staff. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed all of our food from the free dinner to the breakfast, and all the snacks in between. We look forward to seeing you again and being able to make you feel at home.

liverpool, ny
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed for one night in late June 2013. The location is easy to get to and close to shopping, restaurants, local colleges, etc. The room was nothing special, but clean and functional. The bathroom is small with the vanity, sink and mirror outside the toilet/tub room. There are plenty of towels. I know this sounds silly but I was surprised to have shampoo but no conditioner in the room. We found little noise from hallway traffic. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. We were able to walk across the parking lot to a nearby BBQ restaurant which was very convenient.
Overall, the our room was fine. There was a weird wallpaper patch job in the bathroom and some damaged tile work but nothing that would make me not stay again. We booked our room through Priceline and I do have to say I would not pay regular price for these rooms. Breakfast is a nice perk but we slept in so I cannot comment on it and the free internet was great to have.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
James_Best_Western, General Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear chrelaine,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us, I am sad to hear that you felt average. We are striving to make some changes so that the experience is not average. I am happy to hear that you will give us another chance to make you feel at home. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next booking at 585-427-2700

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We are members of the Best Western rewards program and have stayed at many locations across North America over the past 7 years.... having said that, never have I ever been so digusted with the room that we stayed in 2 nights ago.
I was so disappointed that I couldn't even complain to the hotel staff, and we know from our first time staying here that the room could have been better. Had we not been so tired, and if it wasn't so late, we would have probably just checked out immediately and gone to another hotel close by.

We stayed at this location in Oct 2012 and there were no huge complaints, just seemed a bit run down, but it served the purpose of a one night stay while passing thru.
Typically we always choose a standard 2 bed room on the main floor for ease of access to and from our vehicle, etc.
The breakfast service was fantastic and it was your typical BW breakfast fare of waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, etc. The hotel staff was very friendly, especially the ladies setting up the breakfast room in the morning.

This time, our room was so digusting that I don't think my description will do it justice.
Again, we were passing thru and checked in quite late, and the front desk person was very amicable and pleasant. We stayed in room 121 on the main floor and the musky smell was alittle worse than normal, so we opened up the window and there were spider webs all over it.
Then we took our shoes off with my barefeet I could feel that the carpet was damp.... all over. It didn't smell like it was from cleaning or steaming, and my feet were actually dirty from walking on the carpet so we put our shoes back on. Because the sink and mirror are actually located outside of the room with the toilet and shower, there is carpet in front the bathroom sink as well. The towels felt damp, as if they weren't completely dried, or maybe just everything in the room was damp?
2 of the smaller hand towels had hair on them that didn't belong to us.
The toilet paper dispenser was a steel casing that looked as though it had never been wiped down. All around the bathtub there was grime and dirt that you could see without looking too hard. Because the room with the toilet and tub was so small, you couldn't enter the washroom and close the door without practically standing in the tub. The door had stains and handprints all over it. The shower curtain which was practically on top of you while you sat on the toilet smelled like dirty feet and body odor.
When we locked the hotel room door there was dust and dirt all over the locking mechanism and hand prints all over the door and light switches.
The first bed we sat on made a huge clunky noise as if the frame was broken, so then we sat on the second bed and it did the same thing. Whenever you sat down it made a huge clunk and settled in. Therefore while we were sleeping, if either of us got out of bed, it woke the other up.
The shower wouldn't drain properly so we were standing in gross water for the duration of our showers.
It was very disgusting.

The only up side to this hotel stay, was again the hotel staff was very friendly, and especially the lady who was setting up the breakfast items. Breakfast was hot and tasty, scrambled eggs were very good.

We pass thru Rochester about 4 times a year, and although this location is perfect for our needs, we will not be staying at this BW ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
James_Best_Western, General Manager at Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to take the time to apologize for the stay you had with us while here in Rochester. All of the issues you experienced are unacceptable and not what I want you to remember us by. I can tell you that the hotel will be undergoing huge change in the course of the next few months to prevent the very issues you expressed. I am sad to hear that you had 2 bad stays with us, I would like to speak to you on this matter in more detail, Please feel free to contact me any time at 585-427-2700. I can guarantee you that I will be sharing this information with my staff to use the feedback you gave us to better ourselves.

Thanks Again
James Mahoney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radiance Inn And Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn? Share your experiences!