“Excellent value & service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
“Excellent value & service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel was an excellent value. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. They offer free DVD rentals at the front desk and free breakfast & DINNER (m-th).

The desk staff is very friendly & helpful, especially Keni and Jenn.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank jpbtravels
Keni P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel!! Jennifer and I are happy that we were able to help you while you were away from home. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our Free DVD rentals and players in the rooms. Please contact us directly if we are able to help you in any way. We would be grateful if you choose to stay with us again as we truly appreciate your business. Again thank you for your comments!

Keni/Jennifer
General Manager/Guest Service Agent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel was way nicer than I thought it would be. Best Western has really done a good thing here. It's in a good location with Home Depot, Walmart, Staples, UPS Store all nearby. Lots to eat nearby and the breakfast area of the hotel is nice. Check in with Jennifer was easy, easy and she was super nice. Made me feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had booked 2 rooms, we were bringing our son to RIT when we arrived we were greeted by Jen at the front desk with a warm greeting. when we were checking in we asked if we could upgrade to a room with a hot tub and they had no problem. when we got to our room it was very clean and nice.the next day when we came back from RIT we asked if we could possible stay in the same room 1 more night and Jen said no problem. I would stay there again and tell otherss to stay also.

Room Tip: ask the front desk person with any concerns and they will help you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at is hotel 11/5/12. I DID NOT SMOKE IN THE ROOM!!! They are trying to charge me $250+tax for smoking in the room. IT DID NOT HAPPEN. I will never stay there again. It was a nice hotel. The rooms were beautiful. Very clean. But aparrently they must be hurting for money if they are trying to rip me off. I'm so unsatisfied. I refuse to pay the smoking fee and will go to court if need be. I'm offended that they pretty much called me a liar when i told them that they are wrong. It took about 20 minutes to check in. very slow.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling to Rochester to bring our 6 month old son for an evaluation. We arrived before checkin time so that web could have a bit to unwind before the appt. by far the best front staff ever. Upon arrival Nichole told us of the free shuttle to and from the hospital. Along with that she provided us with 2 vouchers to a Buffett dinner at the days inn down the road. We are enjoying our stay as I type.

• Stayed October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

At three thirty last night I heard a crashing noise and check my door and saw nothing. At seven this morning I notified the front desk about this issue and it would be corrected. I came back to my room at seven that night and went to use the bathroom, and the towel rack crashed down on me again using the facility. I again went down to the front desk and voiced my displeasure and was treated dismissively and that it would be handled.
Over an hour later the front desk called and said that the work staff was gone , never apologized for the room condition, and treated me as if I was being unreasonable. Run… don’t walk away from this hotel. I am a hotwire customer and was treated subhuman. I have been traveling professionally for over sixteen years and have never been treated so poorly. They offered nothing, I suspect because I was a third party guest. By the way, they tried to give me a handicapped room, I can only imagine the danger for those folks based on my experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Best service was delivered by front desk clerk Nicole. She was informational and Friendly . Asked how can I help and any thing you need call . She also was acurate with all the information about the Best western . She provided a little welcome bag and said she hoped we would enjoy our stay. I felt valued as a pstron of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business