“Worth a read”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Jacksonville, Florida
“Worth a read”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had just flown in were tired. We got to the motel to check in and met Eric at the front desk. Very polite and kind. He checked us in and gave us our room key. We headed off to our room, opened the door and the room was very nice, only it was a smoking room. Drag our bags back downstairs. Eric was very gracious and apologized, just great customer service. He upgraded us to another room. Great. We headed down to that room, opened the door and the room looked great. We got settled in and after just a short while I noticed the ac not working. I tried to turn if off and on. Just checking to see if it was the switch or smothing else. Well, it would not work. Back to the desk and Eric. He was beside himself, apologizing and wanting to make it right. He gave us another key to a room on the 2nd floor. Identical to the last one. Room looked great. My wife tried to turn on the light over the sink and it would not work. She tried the bathroom light and it also did not work. Back down we went. Again Eric was great. He gave me the key to a room across the hall. I left my wife downstairs till we got a winner. The new room was across the hall and it had the same light problem. Had to be a breaker switch. I came back down and Eric gave me a key to a room with 2 queen beds. I went up and everything worked. Thank the Lord! Got settled in and found the drain was really slow. Told my wife not to worry about it, I would get some Drano the next morning and take care of it. It worked just fine. The room smelled musty the next day, so I checked the ac filter. It was pretty bad. It was a reusable one, so I just washed it out, wiped down the unit with wipes, musty smell gone. The bed closest to the window was sagging in the middle really bad. The other bed was just fine. What an adventure. I will give the hotel two thumbs up, at check out they reduced our rate and that was very kind of them. The breakfast was good and the common areas were clean. Tried to print our boarding passes the afternoon before we were to leave and the printer they have at the front for guest would not print, needed a new cartridge. They didn't have one. The printer behind the counter was needed ink also and was not working. I did get help from Nicole who took down my info and said when they got the printer up, she would print it for me. When we came in that night, I checked at the desk and they hadn't been able to print yet. I told the young lady there to just throw my info away and I would just get the boarding passes at the Jetblue desk. We got to our room and about 45 minutes later the room phone rang. It was the front desk. She had managed to get the boarding passes printed. Wow, that was great. Sorry I didn't get her name. The staff was very good. I hope this helps others, but give them a shot, they were working on the little things to make corrections.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Starke, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have stayed at this property 3 times in the past year and a half. It is a great value for being so close to the university. Rooms are clean, housekeeping always available with more coffee and desk personnel always friendly and helpful, including NY traffic laws -being from Florida this was a nice extra above and beyond. On our last stay there was an error on the bill, however, Jennifer corrected the error and was wonderful. I do not see a reason to "try" any other hotel in the area and I have many years to return with my U of R student.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karon C
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed one night and there was one girl behind the front desk, Rebecca. I have to say the hotel was pretty busy, we were there for a women of faith conference and she handled everything very well. I understand there was a situation with a couple of fellas that were bothering her and she was still courteous and professional with all of the guests. The only thing would be the housekeepers, our room was dirty when we checked in around 6pm and later on I saw the staff running around to find clean rooms. Maybe have more housekeepers working?

Sammamish
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Front desk was very friendly but room cleaning process was broken, so as nice as they were the entire trip felt like they were incompetent. Day 1 maid entered and woke a sick guest - even though do not disturb sign was out. We told front desk, they said maid couldn't read english. Do not disturb sign was color coded by the way. Nicely mentioned we would appreciate it if it didn't happen again. Room never cleaned that day.
Next day - they knocked, I responded quietly to not disturb at that point, they then called, and woke up the sick guest again, because they couldn't tell what we wanted with the room. Different maid, this one definitely spoke english. I could go on with stories, but I won't. 4 days and not pleased. This was all before 9 a.m. also, it was not as if we were sleeping in outrageously late - particularly having come from the west coast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed one night. Check-in quick and fast by the now-famous Jennifer. Very friendly and helpful. Common elements such as carpet/flooring, hand rails, wallpaper, etc. tired looking. Hotel room spotless clean, very comfortable mattress. Don't really like the layout of the toilet and shower in one area and the sink right when you walk into the room ? Lots of towels. Large flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Lots of free parking, safe area. There is an Olive Garden, Walmart, Chili's, IHOP, tons of shopping/eating places within a 3 minute drive. Would stay again if in area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Edon
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were traveling up to Alex Bay and spent the night here on the way to The Bay. Very nice place to stay, rooms were very clean, Hotel was excellent and very well maintained. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast buffet was great! We enjoyed our stay here so on the way back home we spent another night here!!!

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Normally, I do not sta at Best Western. I had a great stay. Even the ride to the train station was surpisingly a wonderful expeince. I had to be at the train station extra early and Jack the driver was friendly, couteous, and funny. Jack has oustanding customer service. I will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radiance Inn And Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn? Share your experiences!