“A favorite when I am in town.....”
Review of Bamboo House

Bamboo House
Ranked #590 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: 585-319-3136
Description: 585-319-3136
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Each time I visit Rochester I have to get some food from this place, the wings are amazing, rangoon delightful, and the combination fried rice exquisite. I am glad I am staying in town long enough to visit this place once more before I leave! You'll love this place!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I have been to the Bamboo House a bunch of times and enjoyed every meal.
Tonight our waitress recommended the fresh lobster. We had it with black bean sauce and loved it! My husband's szechuan pork was a bit too spicy but was good. The vegetables were crisp and tasty.
Another time the hostess recommended Fish with XO sauce, which isn't on the regular menu. It was fantastic and I've had it half a dozen times since.
The vegetables are always great.
Chef Kay continues to fix great food.
I will ask for current recommendations from the server in the future.

1  Thank Peg677
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Amazing... I'm from NYC and I know it's cliche, but I am VERY PICKY about my chinese food. Finally - a place that hits the spot in Rochester. Better than everything else out here... Looking forward to bringing my Brooklyn raised mother here - she will finally be pleased too.... she tends to make fun of the Chinese food in Rochester... now she can stop complaining Rochester sucks because there's no where to get good chinese... There is now! The food was perfectly done how we like it - crispy seseme chicken, flavorful dumplings, and overall very yummy! The prices were more than reasonable for the amount of food we got... I think I am going to have leftovers for the next few days... and the service was truly exceptional - the environment was very cozy, and they went over and beyond to accommodate every request. Very happy with this place and now know where to order from when i get that chinese food craving in Rochester.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

pasta and potsticker are yummy. the chef is really good at stir fried noodles.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Very good overall for a mainstream Chinese Restaurant. Pretty much what you expect. Meets or exceeds expectations. Excellent value. Friendly owners.