“Best Asian Food the City has to Offer”
Review of Han Noodle Bar

Han Noodle Bar
Ranked #20 of 1,301 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I'm with an Asian food fanatic. Been with him 8 years now. Some of you reading this will feel sorry for me, you dislike Asian food that much. And then some of you will just know what I go through without envy, because you know that living through bad Asian food is nothing to be a hater about. My stomach does an obligatory flip flop just thinking of it. But, my friend, when you hit it big and find that one place that understands how to do Asian food right...well...it's just heaven. Such is the case with Han Noodle Bar.
Go just for the Pork Belly Buns. Go on. Do it. Just split an order with a trusted friend if your timid of pork or something. Or maybe based on some fools preconception of things cooked that use the word "belly". I get that. But once you taste, I would lay down my first born, you'll have another. In fact, you'd probably stuff your face full of them if your mind wasn't bound to consider at that first taste that there most certainly must be other great things on that menu. And behold, there are. Consider Cumin Lamb. It looks completely drowned in spice, but oddly enough, the lamb is still there, juicy under a cover of crunch, and not the least bit gamey. Try the Stirfry Vegetables. This was my guy's choice. I admit, I did for a moment want to admonish his choice because I didn't want to my wonderful steamed bun experience disturbed by the disruption of some crappy Chinese stir fry but his choice turned out to be a wonderful mix of celery, mushrooms, and tofu in a mild sauce. Yum. Just yum.
I could go on but you'd be wasting time valuable travel time to get there. Leave now!

There are newer reviews for Han Noodle Bar

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Always enjoy the pork buns, savory entrees, soups, vegetable plates of this Asian/Chinese modern teahouse .

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very good price, very good favor. Chinese pork hamburger is the food you have to try! it's so tasty and soft. Noodles are good too, and very big bowl~

Reviewed February 7, 2014

this restaurant is located in a converted city house, the interior could be improve. the food is very tasty there is off the street parking but its competitive.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This comfortable restaurant, in a converted house, amidst the urban setting of Rochester New York's Monroe Avenue neighborhood is our favorite Asian themed modern Chinese oriented cuisine in the Rochester New York region. Contemporary, but classic cuisine with an ingenious twist is their specialties. When we dined the pork belly buns, succulent pulled pork wrapped in a steamed flour dough casing. Various soups, noodle and rice dishes, plus meat, seafood and vegetarian offerings punctuate the delights of this restaurant.