“Yuck.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bazil's Restaurant

Bazil's Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 1,269 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A comfortable and friendly Italian restaurant serving a wide variety of dishes, Bazil Restaurant in Rochester aims to ensure that you never leave hungry. With 'all you can eat' dinner entrees and a decadent carnival-style Funnel Cake - generously topped with caramel, chocolate chips, confectionary sugar, vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream and cherry garnish - Mario and Flora Daniele have established Bazil as a lively and friendly Italian restaurant ideal for all the family. Bazil Restaurant on Empire Boulevard is easily accessible from Southpoint Marina, with plenty of outdoor seating facing the calm waters and overlooking the bay.
“Yuck.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

The sauce is terrible. I got the "all you can eat" pasta plate. Maybe that's where I went wrong. The red sauce is acidic and tastes like it was rotten. The other sauces were better, but better than terrible isn't very good.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Chris F

Rochester, New York, United States
“Pre-made Microwave Meals”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I went to Bazil's for dinner one night. I do not like cheese, and had a difficult time finding ANYTHING on the menu without cheese (yes, I realize it's an Italian restaurant, but I've never had trouble at any other Italian place).
I finally settled on a pizza that had great sounding toppings, and asked for the pizza with no cheese. I was informed by our waitress that was not possible- the pizzas are pre-made, so they cannot remove the cheese. Uh??? Head over to Veneto, Rocco, or Napa for real Italian pizza.
So then I ordered a bowl of pasta with olive oil and garlic (because their marinara sauce has cheese. ZERO sauce options with no cheese.)
The waitress brought over my salad to start- covered with cheese. I sent it back, and she brought a new one. Then brought out my pasta- covered with cheese. After the VERY long discussion about the pre-made pizza (I didn't want cheese) and the pasta without sauce (because I didn't want cheese) it is beyond comprehension why she would not specify on the ticket to NOT put cheese on my salad and pasta.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a fresh made meal, not an assembly line microwaved option, go somewhere else. And if you're lactose intolerant, don't bother walking in the front door.

1 Thank Kristen S
Webster
“piping hot delicious italian fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

great service and excellent food served fresh and hot. The selections and choices to make your own pasta as you like is very nice.

Visited September 2012
Thank L. A
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Absolutely love this place. Everyone is friendly & eager to serve. The menu is great & they are always accommodating.

“Ok place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Typical run of the mill Italian chain style restaurants. It's like an Olive Garden with an identity crisis. In fact had I known I was not there I'd of sworn they copied their menu and ideas with the all you can eat soup, salad and bread sticks.

Food isn't horrible but it is not great. They used to be better till they revamped and scaled back the menu some. I am not looking for heaping portions...I just want good food for the money I'm paying.

If you don't mind run of the mill type restaurants...or if you have out of town guests that you hate then this is the place to go.

Visited June 2012