“Delicious.”

Add it.
El Dorado Mexican Cuisine
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Best Mexican food I've had outside of Mexico. I'm not sure what I liked more: the food, or the conversation with the very gracious owners. The meals are authentic, and individually prepared (read: worth the wait) -- wonderful recipes courtesy of the owners' grandmother, who was regularly consulted by telephone in Mexico in creating the menu. For great, fresh taste (including the best guacamole in Rochester, easily) and unmatched hospitality -- try El Dorado.

There are newer reviews for El Dorado Mexican Cuisine

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The dumpy location did not deter us but I am not sure we would go back given the food was just OK. We used our Groupon or Living Social so this was a great deal and the service was fast and friendly.

The best of what we ordered was the El Pastor taco - the pork was excellent. Unfortunately everything else was just average including the chorizo taco and the enchiladas. And if you do not like cilantro be warned - they put it on everything and in large amounts - in the salsa, in the guacamole, on the tacos.... I was picking it out of my dishes though by wife who likes it was in cilantro heaven. We are still looking for an excellent Mexican place in Rochester....

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I usually won't go for Mexican in Rochester; it would be like trying to find really good Italian in Ardmore Oklahoma. A friend of mine took me here last week and we were both quite surprised. I had a nice lunch of tacos al pastore. Good food. Fast service. Small, hole-in-the-wall cafe. A pleasant surprise. I'll go again.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a small restaurant which for us was perfect. We were greeted warmly. My husband loves spicy, I do not, so the owner/cook adjusted the spiciness of the sauce just for me! Our meals were delicious! My husband, having grown up in San Diego, told the owner and other gentleman that this was the best Mexican food he had enjoyed since he was last in San Diego! The price was right too. So we'll be back!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This small place in a plaza that you would normally drive by, serves some great and inexpensive Mexican food. The tacos are straight forward with just onions and cilantro and that is enough. The salsa is homemade and they always have a few different varieties. The service is a bit slow at times but their personality and high quality food make up for it. This place is highly recommended.

3  Thank Nestor E