“Brings southern cooking to Rochester”
Review of The French Quarter

The French Quarter
Ranked #61 of 1,328 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Incredible flavors, excellent food and wonderfully kind waitstaff! Give it a shot - parking tricky, but worth it, bring your own bottle of wine, as they don't have liquor license and dress down or up, easy going place...just like the big easy :)

1  Thank ttill

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and have gone several times with and without groups of friends. We enjoy the food, which reminds us of our annual trips to New Orleans. The catfish is just delicious!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been here several times and had excellent food and service. My husband grew up in New Orleans so we know how authentic it is. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Simple and unassuming, the first impression of this restaurant is that people come here to enjoy conversation and eat great food. The building looks like a converted residence in that part of center city where the older homes can be quite large. Inside the orange dining room are comfortable tables of varying sizes to accommodate all size parties.

There is no liquor at the restaurant but you can bring your own and they will provide the glasses. There is no music, but the conversation at every table is lively and the center of entertainment is the food and your group in that order.

The service is friendly and attentive. The menu breaks down into roughly four categories: appetizers, main plates, Po' Boys and desserts. I started with the Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo. This is served with a mound of rice in the center of the bowl. You can have this as an entree as well. It came to the table quickly and the taste is out of this world. For the entree I had the Crawfish Etouffee, also served with rice. The roux is perfectly seasoned. This comes in a two sizes. The smaller is perfect of one person but it is so good, you will be tempted to order the large.

Dinner in New Orleans would not be complete without Beignets with powdered sugar. They fry these beauties for you individually when they are ordered. Topped with a mound of powdered sugar, each is two or three mouths full. Five come in an order. You could have nothing but these for dinner and you would think you were in heaven.

The French Quarter Cafe in Rochester presents the actual flavors of New Orleans. Your mileage may very but I have gone to this restaurant several times and I have never been disappointed.

1  Thank mcahill6912
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went to this restaurant with a group of about 10 friends one night and now can't get back enough. The gumbo is delicious and I have it every time. We always order the wings because they are the best that I know of in Rochester. These wings don't need a drop of blue cheese! They are amazing. I have to stay away from the spicier entrees because they are too much for me so I order the Sicilian Chicken or the Catfish. The desserts (unlike most restaurants that just make desserts LOOK good) are awesome. It just does not matter what you order for dessert - when it comes out it will be delicious! The kicker is that this restaurant is so affordable! 10 stars for the French Quarter - I love this place!!

1  Thank Traveler48503