“Amazing food for a reasonable price”
Review of Dorado

Dorado
Ranked #163 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish, Central American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Dorado is a Latin fusion bistro featuring fresh bold takes on Latin classics. Enjoy one of our many cocktails, beers or wines accompanied by our house made dishes, proudly prepared and served with a smile. Enjoy!
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing food for a reasonable price”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is an extremely small restaurant but we went when it was not busy. The menu was very reasonably priced and I had a hard time deciding. I ordered the salmon and I must say it was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive. I wanted to go back to try something else on the menu, but did not have the chance. Definitely check it out if you are in the area.

Visited September 2013

Rochester, NY
“A Taste of Mexico on Park Ave.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

On a sunny Friday evening we were lucky to snag an outdoor table after a short wait. When we arrived it felt a bit chaotic since there was no wait list and we crammed in to the small bar to wait. The friendly staff eased our wait as did the Chorizo Queso appetizer we ordered. It was a tasty way to spend the time. Once we were seated outside we tried the traditional enchiladas and the enchilada verde. Both were quite good though the sides of rice and beans were skimpy. The server was friendly and efficient and the guy running the show stopped by to see how our meal was. We would definitely stop again especially when we can sit outside to watch the show on Park Ave.

• Visited July 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Another delightful Tex-Mex restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I came across a number of good little hidden away restaurants while on this trip. Dorado’s was one of them I stumbled on while trying to find my way around Rochester. I struck it at lunch time and think I was lucky to be able to get a table without a long wait ‘cos it was really busy. Dorado’s has a great atmosphere, nice décor, and the staff are really friendly. It was an enjoyable way to spend a lunch time sitting on the pavement watching the world go by. The food is excellent with a great variety, good vege options, and a reasonable selection Mexican beers. At $4 a beer they are a reasonable price but I always struggle when you can get then for less than a dollar south of the border.

• Visited June 2013
Rochester, New York
“A different kind of Mexican restaurant!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten there twice this month. Both times before seeing a show downtown. Tables outside on sunny days are nice. Small but quaint seating inside. Owner is very friendly. Food is not the most authentic Mexican but it has a creative and healthy twist. Ingredients are fresh. Tacos comes with a really nice salad. I love the concept!

• Visited April 2013
“Good”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I thought this place was good and the food seemed fresh. I ordered the mahi-mahi tacos which were very different from typical fish tacos they put a lot of cheese in them and I thought they would have been better without it. The salads were great, so were the rice and beans. I got takeout, but the restaurant looks very quaint, I would probably eat there next time I am in town.