“Excellent Zoo trip”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent Zoo trip”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went to Seneca park zoo. . We spent 3 hours there! I thought it was terrific! We have a 5 yr old boy who is usually not interested in the zoo. After going to this Zoo he loved it. The animals are up close and we could see them fairly close. We saw tiger, lion, lynx, elephant, rhino, birds, raccoons, meerkats, snow leopards. wolves, penguins, poar bear, hyena, alligators and every kind of monkey little and big. There is just enough walking that it is a nice trip but not too much that your exhausted. then at the end of the tour you can take of your shoes and cool off in the man made stream with a cool mist falling all around. It is so cute for the kids, they love it. Although you may want to bring a change of shorts for the ride home. There is also a playground and climbing rope in the shape of a spider web. There are food consessions and a gift shop. This was the best day trip we have done in a very long time. My son was asking when we could go back as we were leaving. It was 11.00 adutls and 8.00 for kids. Bathrooms wer3e ample and several chances for air conditioning.

Visited August 2013

Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Definitely get your moneys worth.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Was surprised at the low cost of going to the zoo. 11 dollars for an adult. They have a pretty good variety of animals and is laid out nicely. First we saw the rhinos where they actually had a fence open to allow visitors to pet them. Also got to see several babies that had been recently born through out the park. Staff and volunteens were knowledgable with the animals. Would definitely recommend this to people visiting the area wanting something to do.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Wilcot86
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Vast improvements since my childhood visits.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It has been many years since I have been to the SPZ. I brought my kids this year while we were in town visiting family on a long weekend and were pleasantly surprised. There entire african safari addition ending with the elephants in the back of he Zoo was most impressive. The kids loved the shaded playground mid way through the Zoo with the nearby wading stream, which I am not exactly sure they are supposed to do, but it was hot and all the kids were in the water. Its definitely not the expansive financially robust Zoo of San Diego if you have ever had the privilege to go, but it is definitely worth a stop with the little ones, and it was relatively inexpensive.

Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“New 'babies' this year”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Several new births this spring have made the zoo a fun attraction, especially the lion cubs. I enjoy photography and consider this a destination for this challenges of capturing the perfect shot of animals. This zoo has improved so much over the years and a a real asset to Rochester. Wish my grandchildren were closer so I could bring them often.

Visited May 2013
Rochester, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nothing special zoo”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Majority of animals were "hiding" the day we were there. I've been here many times over the years and its feels pretty much the same no matter what improvements are made. Many cities have a much larger area to work with. If you've been to a great zoo, then you are in for a disappointment because this isn't it.

Visited July 2013