“Wonderful creative food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My daughter
(vegan and gluten-intollerant),my bonus son(carnivore), my husband(gluten and onion allergic) and myself( almost omnivore) all found three courses of wonderful creative food here--especially the Cauli Wings and some of the best scallops I have had anywhere.

1  Thank 4Norma

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ok, I'm the meat eater. The wife is too but likes the vegan scene. Stated with the Cauli Wings. Sort of a wing sause, sweet like a carmel taste over cauliflower and brocolli. Warm. We split it and it was VG. I had the Mac and Quack. Just as it sounds, Mac and Cheese and duck meat. baked and seasoned. Good Beer selection, wine maybe needs some work, two stories, out side patio in the back. Would return.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter is vegan and convinced me to eat here with her. It was fantastic. Definitely would eat here even if you aren't vegetarian or vegan. The waiter was extremely helpful in recommending some great dishes !

Reviewed July 19, 2013

On a recent road trip through upstate NY, I was very happy to find this place!! I had trouble finding veg-friendly dining upstate. The Owl House isn't entirely vegan but has some great options. I had the cauliflower wings (AMAZING), lentil burger (good, very flavorful), and blood orange basil margarita (pretty good). The service was friendly, and the restaurant itself is cute, located in a house. Definitely call for a reservation, and I recommend going early -- we arrived at 5:30 and there was ample on-street parking and few other diners, but by the time we left, the restaurant and the parking was full.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were there on a Friday night and I think we were lucky to get a table since we had no reservation.

Pros:
- good waiter and friendly hostess
- unique dishes
- unique and friendly atmosphere
- patio seating in the summer
- small bar

Cons:
- expensive considering the cost of the ingredients
- window treatments need updating to be easily adjusted for sunlight