“Perfect long weekend”

Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend to visit the Strong Museum of Play and the Finger Lakes. The hotel is conveniently located right off the 390, yet very quiet. We stayed in a double queen bedroom suite and it was perfect for the four of us. The towels and linen are of great quality. We didn't use the kitchen much except for heating up take-outs. There's a Wegman's west on the 104 and lots of restaurants close by. Lots of variety and great service at the breakfast buffet. We've been to other hotels where they have a lousy breakfast and there's never enough places to sit. Not this one. They even have paper cups for coffee to go, very handy. My daughter had a lot of fun at the pool. It was also helpful to be able to access the internet as I didn't bring a laptop. After checking out, the nice young man at the front desk handed us a box of freshly-baked cookies for the road! It was a wonderful experience and we are definitely staying at the Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear Momat40,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Vina Platania-Crandall

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here or one night at the end of August with my family on a trip out to Niagra Falls. The hotel is relatively new and very well maintained. We had a spacious suite that fit us four comfortably. The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Service at the desk was efficient and friendly. Added bonus of complimentary breakfast and newspaper the next morning. What more could one want?

When staying here, consider a short drive into Rochester for dinner at Dinosaur Barbecue.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Vina Platania

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I can always count on the Homewood Suites for a great stay and great value.

I give this particular Homewood kudos for a couple of reasons:
-I arrived late and dinner had just ended. The kitchen staff put together a nice to-go package for me complete with a glass of wine! (most Homewoods have not done this for me). This was even after telling them I was gluten free - they completely accommodated!
-The kitchen had also told me about a local pizza place that made gf pizza! When I got to my room, I had already forgotten the name, so I called the front desk. They came back to me with the name and phone number of the place and the next thing I knew, I had hot GF pizza delivered to my ROOM!

The accommodations were excellent: impeccably clean, wonderful quality and a home away from home.

Because I am picky, I have a couple of minor things that aren't the fault of the hotel: although the dual a/c is nice, it is right next to the bed in the bedroom. I don't like white noise, so the fan bothered me a bit. In the bathroom, the toilet paper holder is behind the door, forcing you to close it (this is good if traveling with someone! lol) and there was a slightly mild odor from the shower curtain (this is always my standard!).

However, the quality of the staff more than made up for these minor inconveniences. A+++!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

First time staying at a Homewood Suites and I hope they are all like this one. Clean, spacious rooms. Nice breakfast. Good ammenities. All at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Entrance is only through the lobby so you might have to walk if you are on an end
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Great weekend at the Homewood Suites, went to the Strong all day Sat. then off to the Suite and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was great, the open floor plan King suite, and the kids loved the pool. The breakfast the next morning was above average for a free breakfast, lots of choices and the nice area to eat in. I highly recommend this hotel as place to stay and then play at the Strong.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Just came back from a great stay at the Homewood Suites. I traveled with my wife, 3 children and 1 infant. We stayed in a 2 queen 1 bedroom. Plenty of space. The hotel still seems new, staff is great and the rooms were nice, spacious and very comfortable. Our trip to Rochester was delayed by a day due to Hurricane Irene but I had pre-paid for the hotel through a Hilton Summer Promotion. That would have not entitled me to a refund. However, when I contacted the hotel, they gave a full refund right away without any hassle. This is indicative of the understanding nature of the staff at this hotel as well as the brand, Homewood Suites. I always stay in Homewood Suites and this hotel just affirms my loyalty to this brand.

Room Tip: The double queen room is a bit larger then the King. For extra room, it is worth it to switch. They...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Dear Tzandbr,

The staff at Homewood Suites Greece would like to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are a loyal Homewood Suites guest. We always strive to provide a higher level of service to our guests and our staff is empowered to go above and beyond when neccessary. The recent weather issues have disrupted travel plans for so many people and we certainly understand that plans can change as a result. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Vina Platania-Crandall

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Greece, NY to visit family. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The pool was a big hit for the kids. Very nice size pool with lots of space. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The free breakfast was a nice bonus. We would stay there again as we are very pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the 1 bedroom (2 Queen beds) suite. Lots of room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Snakatac,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that your family enjoyed your suite as well as the complimentary breakfast and dinner. We are excited to be the first Homewood Suites that you've experienced. It really is tough to go back to a traditional hotel once you've stayed at a Homewood Suites property. With over 300 Homewood Suites properties in North America you may not have to! If you are not already a HHonors member, I encourage you to join our rewards program so you can enjoy all of its benefits, best of all it's free!

Vina Platania