“Stay here and play at the Strong !!!”

Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Great weekend at the Homewood Suites, went to the Strong all day Sat. then off to the Suite and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was great, the open floor plan King suite, and the kids loved the pool. The breakfast the next morning was above average for a free breakfast, lots of choices and the nice area to eat in. I highly recommend this hotel as place to stay and then play at the Strong.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Just came back from a great stay at the Homewood Suites. I traveled with my wife, 3 children and 1 infant. We stayed in a 2 queen 1 bedroom. Plenty of space. The hotel still seems new, staff is great and the rooms were nice, spacious and very comfortable. Our trip to Rochester was delayed by a day due to Hurricane Irene but I had pre-paid for the hotel through a Hilton Summer Promotion. That would have not entitled me to a refund. However, when I contacted the hotel, they gave a full refund right away without any hassle. This is indicative of the understanding nature of the staff at this hotel as well as the brand, Homewood Suites. I always stay in Homewood Suites and this hotel just affirms my loyalty to this brand.

Room Tip: The double queen room is a bit larger then the King. For extra room, it is worth it to switch. They...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Dear Tzandbr,

The staff at Homewood Suites Greece would like to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are a loyal Homewood Suites guest. We always strive to provide a higher level of service to our guests and our staff is empowered to go above and beyond when neccessary. The recent weather issues have disrupted travel plans for so many people and we certainly understand that plans can change as a result. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Vina Platania-Crandall

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Greece, NY to visit family. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The pool was a big hit for the kids. Very nice size pool with lots of space. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The free breakfast was a nice bonus. We would stay there again as we are very pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the 1 bedroom (2 Queen beds) suite. Lots of room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Snakatac,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that your family enjoyed your suite as well as the complimentary breakfast and dinner. We are excited to be the first Homewood Suites that you've experienced. It really is tough to go back to a traditional hotel once you've stayed at a Homewood Suites property. With over 300 Homewood Suites properties in North America you may not have to! If you are not already a HHonors member, I encourage you to join our rewards program so you can enjoy all of its benefits, best of all it's free!

Vina Platania

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed at the Homewood Suites while I was working in Rochester. This was a very nice hotel. The hotel and rooms were updated, clean, and comfortable. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. They offer a good breakfast buffet and a dinner buffet. The dinner buffet is great because while I am working away from home I like the convenience of having something to eat right at the hotel, without having the expense of room service. As well as having tables inside, they had a lovely patio with tables that was great to enjoy the last nice days of summer. They also offered an indoor pool, game room, and exercise room with newer equipment. My only complaint is that they did not offer complementary wine or beer with the dinner buffet, which is always a welcome relief after the workday. I would stay definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The bed & bedding were heavenly. Room super clean. Hated to go home.

Dinner was pulled pork on a soft kaiser roll, soup, cornmeal cakes(?), lemonade and warm cookies. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, oatmeal, Canadian bacon, make your own waffles, plus the typical yogurt, bagels, cereals and milk were offered.

As we were 4, free breakfast AND dinner made the room rate a steal.

1 bedroom suite with pullout sofa had microwave, fridge, stove, dishwasher, you name it. Our kids were impressed too, said, "We could LIVE here!"

Didn't get to check out the pool, tho.

Nice staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Dear Snakatac,

Thank you so much for your delightful comments about our hotel. Our staff really takes pride in the work they do and we can show them what a great job they're doing with comments like yours. Homewood Suites properties are a wonderful change of pace from your traditional hotels. Regardless of how many nights you stay it's always nice to feel at home!

Regards,
Vina Platania-Crandall

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is a pretty new property and very clean. We had a suite with two beds in the bedroom and everything was new. The kitchen was furnished with utensils, pots, pens and bakeware. Breakfast was great especially the oatmeal.

I would have given this place a five stars but our vehicle was broken-in to. So be careful that you park in a well lit location and don't leave any valuables in your car. Hopefully this was just a fluke but still be cautious. Front desk actually were the one that informed us of the news.

Really disappointed that this happened. Set us back half a day to get the window replaced. Good thing the autoglass was available.

Hopefully it was just an isolated incident coz I really like this place.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Anoini2

Dear Anoini2,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your suite and complimentary breakfast. We take great pride in our property and appreciate your feedback. We appologize for the occurence you experienced at our property and I know that you have spoken with our General Manager regarding the incident. We hope that you will stay with us again if you return to the area.

Vina Platania

Reviewed August 25, 2011

My family which consisted of my husband and our four children ( 9,7,4, and 1) and I stayed at this hotel for my birthday weekend. We had a great time. The hotel is clean. The staff was very friendly and always had a smile. The fitness centre was very nice. The equipment look like it was cared for. They had treadmills, ellipticals, weights, towels, water cooler, stability ball and etc. The complimentary breakfast was a great start to the day. The room we had was comfortable for the six of us. We really like the fact that there was a kitchen ( full fridge, a couple stove burners, dishwasher and microwave). We saved money by buying some groceries and making one dinner and lunches. There are a few grocery stores not too far from the hotel. There was Tops and Wegmans. We took the kids to the Strong's Museum of Play. It was a great trip highly recommend. It was great to see the toys that my husband and I played with when we were our kids ages.
Overall, great hotel will definitely stay here again whenever we make a trip to Rochester.

Room Tip: Make sure to come early for the complimentary breakfast or it will be busy and you won't get muc...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family