“Perfect stopover on long trip to Boston.”

Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Perfect stopover on long trip to Boston.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Recently, my family and I had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites in Rochester-Greece. The hotel staff were pleasant and efficient. The hotel was clean and modern, much like most Homewood Suites. The hotel has a large workout room with plenty of exercise equipment. The complimentary breakfast and dinners were good but not as good as other Homewood Suites. Fortunately, the hotel is close to dinning and shopping. We found it a relaxing stopover on a long drive. My kids are always happy when they see the duck logo on the outside of the hotel. On our next trip to Boston, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2011
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear Kindjal,

When reading your recent review of our property the comment about your kids reaction to the Homewood Suites duck logo brought a smile to my face. It is wonderful to know that our guests know what to expect when staying at a Homewood Suites property. We are pleased that your experience at our hotel was enjoyable. And although you chose to dine at one of the surrounding restaurants we hope that during your next visit to the Homewood Suites Greece you with give our evening reception another try. Since our menu changes daily there is always something fresh and new on our menu and our reception staff is there to make the experience even better.

Regards,
Vina Platania-Crandall
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

We gathered in Rochester for a family reunion. A couple of us stayed here. What a nice place! The hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. A couple of very nice things about this place.....wonder breakfast is included in room cost, the beds are to die for, the rooms were huge, and the location is prime. Can't ask for anything better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Mblodgett,

We were delighted to read your review of our hotel and so pleased that your family enjoyed their stay with us! Our beds certainly are dreamy and in case you want to enjoy them regularly they are even available for purchase. They are made specifically for Homewood Suites by Serta and you can call the hotel directly to inquire about ordering. We hope your family reunion was memorable and that if you return to the Rochester area again you will once again stay with us!

Vina Platania-Crandall
baltic CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

The staff is extremely helpful and professional. The rooms are very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stay here regularly, since this hotel opened, when in Rochester. It is a nice upgrade from the Hampton in just around the corner. New in Winter of 2011, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and it is nice to have the kitchen when on an extended stay. They have studios and suites available The staff has always been very friendly and helpful. Morning Breakfast is above average when compared to a Hampton brealkfast. More choices and better quality. I do not often eat the free dinner but will grab a salad at times. There is a nicew work out room and indoor pool. As of my last stay they still did not have their liquor license so no beer and wine with your dinner yet but it is coming, soon hopefully....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Griffina 15317,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We are pleased that you are a regular guest here at the Homewood Suites Greece. Our guests are like our extended family especially those that are return guests and long term guests. We strive to provide the best service we can and to make each and every guest feel at home. The liqour license should be here any day now so perhaps we will see you for dinner very soon!

Regards,

Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were in Rochester in early June for a wedding. The Homewood Suites was the perfect location for seeing the city as well as attending the scheduled weekend activities. It is very new, clean and nicely appointed. There is a nice walking path near the hotel that we took advantage of.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Kahb09,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Greece for the wedding you attended in Rochester. Our property has had the pleasure of being the first choice in guest accommodations for many brides in the area since we opened in November. We pride ourselves on delivering the best customer service possible and hope that the next time you're in the area you will stay with us again!

Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Can't say anything negative with regards to our stay at this Hotel. Very nice rooms , great breakfast and very polite staff. The staff answered all questions we had and we actually got a room lacation that we requested in advance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Longspur,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I have shared your compliments with the staff and we hope to see you back at the Homewood Suites Greece the next time you are in the area!

beverly hills, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Overall our stay was pretty good, but we expected a little more from Homewood Suites. We've stayed at HWS before and loved those stays. At the Greece HWS, the first thing we noticed was the rather "unusual" looking carpet. It somewhat looked like Picasso created the pattern and chose the colors. I think it's supposed to be modern looking. The room was o.k. Compared to other HWS hotels and other suite type hotels in general, the "suite" we stayed in was on the small side. The maintenance on the room was lacking. We had a bathroom door that drug on the ground making this horribly loud screaching sound. I was loud in our room and I can't imagine what the poor folks below us were hearing. The kitchen was nice. Full sized fridge. The only complaint is that they didn’t provide a little scrubby sponge to wash the dishes, only small packs of dishwasher detergent. What a waste to run the dishwasher for a couple of plates and glasses each day. The hotels elevators are extremely slow, so patience and chanting "ommmmm" will help keep your sanity.

Most of the staff were nice and helpful. However, there was/is one female that works at night that had a major attitude. Right before my trip to Rochester, my credit card had been compromised and I had another one sent to the hotel via overnight express. I asked the front desk to contact me when it arrived. That never happened. On the day it was supposed to arrive, we didn’t get notification from the front desk so I stopped there before going to dinner and shopping. I asked the night person if anything had been delivered. She looked for about 10 seconds and said “nope, I haven’t seen anything.” I asked if there was any notes or information passed to her from the day shift and she answered tersely “no.” I politely said that the bank had verified earlier with FEDEX that it was delivered to the front desk. She said “well, it’s not here” without even looking again. We went to dinner and shopped and it was bothering me so I called the bank again. This time they actually gave a name who signed for it. I called the front desk politely asked her if she could look one more time. Obviously my request was not in her “daily plan,” and she huffed and put me on hold. 10 minutes later she comes back on the phone and said “oh, my bad, I had covered your envelope with some papers.” I was relieved it was there and told her we’d stop by after returning from dinner. We came back and stopped at the front desk and she was on her cell phone either chewing her kid or boyfriend out, we couldn’t tell. We waited several minutes as she continued with her personal call and DIDN’T EVEN MAKE EYE CONTACT with us. I think she knew who we were and was intentionally putting us “on hold.” That was confirmed when she shuffled through her stack of papers and shoved the envelope in my face, and again NOT EVEN MAKING EYE CONTACT or pausing her personal phone call for 5 seconds to acknowledge we were there. Two words - - RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL! At that point, we were expecting the proverbial head roll and “Z snap” from her. HWS Greece management needs to ‘observe’ this employee’s behavior and take appropriate action (at least document it!)
Every other employee was pleasant and very helpful. I even had some flowers delivered to the hotel for my wife and the took it up to the room for me so she would walk in and be surprised. The breakfast buffet was definitely top-notch, and that was what we expected from a HWS hotel. Nice job there. Again, an overall good stay, but the “memorable” part was due to the extremely rude night shift female employee. Maybe we’ll have better luck next time…

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mbnko
goyettecl, Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear mbnko,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in Greece, New York we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Best Regards,