“Great experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Pittsford, New York
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went there for friend's 50th B-day. Great outdoor deck area. Service was friendly and good. Food was decent. Great place to see a band play and gather with friends. Love the "art" work above the bar and the band memorabilia throughout.

• Visited June 2013

Mississauga, Canada
“Good Ice Coffee”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We dropped in just to chat and have an informal meeting after a very long day. I was pleased to see two waitresses welcome us and bring a nice chilled glass of water !
The Iced coffee we ordered was good and I noticed a rather nice laid back atmosphere. I am sure this must be a lively venue in the evening.

Rochester, New York
“Good food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food here is usually pretty good. We have been here 3-4 times in the past year and haven't had anything that we would have deemed bad. The servers are hard to track down sometimes when they are busy so prepared to wait at times.

Rochester, New York
“Great food, great location, friendly staff...and local!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I can't even imagine anyone having anything bad to say about Lovin' Cup. It is the local brainchild of two of Rochester's own young entrepreneurs. They feature local art, local and national bands, have great food, wonderful beer and wine selections. They continuously give back to the community, and it is a beautiful place to eat year round. I especially love to go there in the summer when I can sit outside. That's my favorite.

Irondequoit, New York
“NEVER EVER EVER GO HERE!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I just had the most disturbing time at this restaurant last night. We went for dinner and to hear a couple of musicians play. We patiently waited at the bar for 45 minutes after the band was advertised to start for our table for dinner. We were seated pretty quickly after that, but had to snag a waiter to take our order. (This isn’t even about the food which I wouldn’t recommend either)

It was announced after the beer tasting that there was a cover for the band, and if you wanted to stay to hear them play then please pay at the door. There was a table of about 8 20-somethings at the table next to us who stayed, but did not pay, and obviously did not care to hear the band. They were talking quite loudly and we were having trouble hearing. We asked twice of the waiter and waitress if they could ask that table to tone it down. They said they couldn’t do that. This table was even disturbing to the musicians playing. They had to have their monitors turned up to hear themselves, and between songs even said they didn’t understand why people would come to a bar where music was playing and talk over it. If they wanted to talk then to get the (expletive deleted) out. Honest! The audience applauded to this but the table next to us didn’t even hear that over their own conversation. We decided to move to another table in the back. As we got up my husband went to that table and asked them if they paid. He explained that the promoters would have to pay out of their pocket to cover the fee and it wasn’t fair.

At this point a manager ran over and said that my husband could not talk to “my customers” like that and to get the (expletive deleted) out. This got my husband upset. When my husband said we paid to hear the music and were staying the manager ran off and came back with some money and shoved it into my husband’s chest and told him to leave. He called over a couple of wait staff to escort my husband out. Were we not customers too? Did we not just have dinner and a glass of wine? We paid to hear the music and we had to get out? What the manager should have said was you can’t talk to MY FRIENDS like that. Those were his friends and if they didn’t want to pay then they didn’t have to – how DARE we question them or ask them to respect the rights of other customers.

The manager’s wife explained that the promoters knew the beer tasting was scheduled before hand. This had nothing to do with them not paying and being loud. She also said she ran those beer tastings and it brought in a lot of money for the place and she couldn’t kick them out. Ironic that they could kick my husband out for wanting to hear the music he paid to hear but not those rude free-loaders. She should have just said that they were their friends and not required to pay or be quiet – that would have been more truthful. And she wondered why I laughed at what she said.

The arrogance of the manager to say that one group of customers deserved better treatment than another, and to be vulgar and curse and yell was totally unprofessional and unbecoming. He stormed around full of apoplectic self-importance – it was quite upsetting.

It gets better – at one point two of the people that were at the offending table came out to add their two cents worth. When I asked the short one what his name was he said Ray but wouldn’t give me any more – and proceeded to call me a [--] (Tripadvisor won't let me insert the real word).

Now we are not young people who are used to this type of talk – my husband will be retirement age this year -

Oh yes – a wonderful evening. I won’t recommend this place to anyone unless of course you are friends of the manager.

2 Thank Daniebear