“The History of Susan B Anthony”

National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House
Ranked #9 of 141 things to do in Rochester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House shares the story of Susan B. Anthony's lifelong struggle to gain voting rights for women and equal rights for all. We keep her vision alive and relevant by preserving and sharing Anthony's National Historic Landmark home; collecting artifacts and research materials directly related to her life and work; and making these resources available to the public through tours, publications, the internet, and interpretive programs. Come visit us today!
Rochester, New York
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“The History of Susan B Anthony”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

It's very interesting, and shows a LOT of history about the era of Susan B.

Visited June 2011

La Junta, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very interesting tour”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My mother and I had a wonderful tour of the two houses. Our guide, Freddie, was very knowledgeable and interesting. If you have any interest in women's rights or history, this is a must-see in Rochester. The neighborhood is just beautiful.

Visited September 2011
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Another Must See in Rochester, NY”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am so grateful for this woman's efforts and I really enjoyed this museum. There were quite a few artifacts that I found facsinating. The tour was very good, they gave you enough information and were knowledgeable about our questions. I wish we had more time though, we got in for the last tour of the day. I loved the fact that this house is still in a neighborhood and did not become commercialized so you could imagine what it must have been like for Susan when she lived here.

Visited September 2010
Chicago, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A wonderful tour by a friendly and knowledgeable staff”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

This was my first stop on a recent trip to the Finger Lakes region to visit the sites associated with the beginnings of the women's rights movement, and I can only say: kudos to the director and staff of the Susan B. Anthony House in Rochester for keeping her legacy alive!

New England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inspiring bit of history”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I had an excellent time at the SBA house. I had a couple of hours at the end of my stay, and was running a few minutes late. I called and the staff made sure I got into the last tour of the day.

Apparently finding a cab is REALLY difficult, so ask your hotel shuttle for a ride or book your airport cab well in advance. I lucked out that the hotel shuttle was able to pick me up after not getting a cab ride that could pick me up on time for my flight. (Almost everything is close to the airport there.)

1 Thank dudegrrl