“Nice view”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Avenue
Transit: Number 1 bus from the Downtown and taxi service.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The view is excellent however that's all we could rave about. The service was so-so. The best part of our food were the sliders. Our calamari and pork chops were way overcooked; mashed potatoes consisted of potato and maybe butter. They reminded us of instant potatoes from a box. When we asked for an alternative to asparagus, we were told we could do double potatoes meanwhile they have other vegetables listed on the menu. Overpriced for what you get. You are paying for the view. We would eat elsewhere before returning.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant for a friend's birthday. There is a stunning view of the lake on the amazing patio area. I ordered a Caesar salad with the shrimp and my companions ordered the pizza from the tapas menu. The pizza was huge and more than a tapas portion. The Caesar salad was also a large portion although the shrimp tasted as if the chefs overused lemon juice on them and there were only three added to the salad. The service was so-so but the martinis we ordered were quite nice. I would return for the view and drinks but not the food.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went on Memorial Day. Entering the bar area there is an inside dining area that is right from a NY City venue, but why sit inside when you can go outside and have the best view in Rochester's waterfront? The lounges on either side of the outside dining area are not to be missed. Just sitting in the upscale and comfortable seating and having a drink and couple of apps (1/2 price 4-5PM!) takes away any stress you may have. Rebecca was a standout-supremely helpful and very attentive! Everything I've had from the somewhat short menu has been excellent. Shame they aren't busier, this place is great!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nicely decorated with a huge bar and outdoor seating with a great view. They even had outdoor heaters to help on a chilly day/night.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

For my birthday I was taken here for an early dinner (before a few other parties). We are able to sit in the outdoors section (but the indoors is also very attractive). Now they just recently opened for the season but you would have thought they had been open all year round the way the staff knew exactly what they were doing. In fact the staff did a great job in watching to make sure all our needs were met.
The food was great! We started off with some drinks (I loved the raspberry martini!!!!). We then continued with appetizers and boy were they tasty. The fries were delicious. They had a special of a T-Bone steak and being the macho man I didn't have any choice but to try it and I was not disappointed! My friend had the red snapper and it is the first time I have ever seen her clear her plate-- and that says a lot!
The ambiance and the food was great. I can't speak on the price since I was not paying but there is no doubt I will be going back again!