“Local Amusement Park Fun”

Seabreeze Amusement Park
Ranked #6 of 143 things to do in Rochester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Seabreeze, the fourth oldest park in America, is located on the scenic bluffs overlooking Lake Ontario north of Rochester. Enjoy the excitement of four roller coasters, a classic wooden carousel, thrill rides, family and kiddie rides, a midway of food and games and live shows daily. There's also a full water park with wave pool, tube slides, body flumes, lazy river, kiddie slides and more. The 1920 Jack Rabbit wooden roller coaster is listed as the oldest continuously operating coaster in America. The park is a classic combination of traditional amusement park and modern water park. Open daily mid-June through Labor Day; also open weekends in May, early June and early September.
NY
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Local Amusement Park Fun”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Seabreeze is the 4th oldest continuously operating amusement park in North America. Pretty good variety of rides for younger and older kids and a nice waterpark. Some carny type games, typical greasy food and snacks. You can find a lot of discounts online and they have an after 5pm rate as well. The jackrabbit was the highlight for me. Not a particularly big wooden roller coaster, but fun anyway. It's the 2nd or 3rd oldest roller coaster in America.

All said, the park was clean, well maintained, and worth the visit. It's small, but it has a lot of variety and character. If you can go during off hours, the waits are shorter and you'll be able to enjoy more of what the park has to offer.

2 Thank h1d3m3

Toronto Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Nice little amusement park”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent 4 hrs at this park with my 2 & 4 year old boys. Fun water park with enough variety suitable for my kids age range. 4 water slides, several other wading type areas with sprays & fountains. Food was so-so. Looked pretty much like pre-cooked, reheated stuff. Park also had enough variety of rides for the little ones. Ride Attendants really do check kids height, to make sure they are tall or short enough to ride, and stick to their guns (which is a good thing). Great location near Lake Ontario, with nice views. Couldn't experience the actual roller coasters, but looked nice if you like the wooden ones. Good value esp if you buy tickets online at a discount.

Rochester, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Our favorite Summer Event for 20 yrs!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Each summer our family & extended family enjoy the rides , food and sun at this family owned amusement park. This year we were there from 11:30 to 10 at night with kids from 5 to 14. The entire staff is always polite& family oriented while maintaining high vigilance on safety on rides as well as throughout the entire park. You do not have to like rides to enjoy your day relaxing in one of the many areas with lounge chairs and shady picnic areas. Unlike other similar places, you can bring in your own food or enjoy one of the reasonable cafes. Lockers can be rented but often we just leave our items near our chairs & have never had a problem. This year a canopy has been added by the wave pool which provides much needed shade in this popular area. For about $25.00 for adults, even though I only enjoy the wave pool, lazy river and our family's tradition of riding the train ( and of course a kiss in the tunnel) as our last hurrah of the day; I always feel it was money well spent!!

Rochester, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing small amusement park”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

A great place that I have been to many times. Has a great mix of big and small rides but not too big to where anybody would be too scared to ride. Much better than those overpriced larger parks.

Visited July 2013
Marietta, Georgia
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Had the time of my life”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was my first time at Seabreeze and I had a blast. I love smaller, carnival style amusement parks. There is a good balance between adult rides and kid/family rides. The lines were never very long. We were there on a Saturday. I think the longest we had to wait for anything was 25-30 minutes, if that. But we also got there when they opened and left around 2:30.

I am not sure if things have changed or what, but we did not see any "gang" related people or activities like some people had commented on. No one argued the whole time we were there. From what I could tell, everyone there was just having a good time and not bothering anyone.

All the staff were nice and friendly. We didn't eat in the park so I can't comment on the price and quality of the food.

I can't wait to go back.

1 Thank CUTiger81