“Quite a show in the hibachi room”
Review of Sakura Home

Sakura Home
Ranked #133 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at Sakura Home, you can experience not only traditional style sushi, but also new style-sushi, which is an innovative Japanese style of presenting sushi. We are one of the first restaurants to bring this style of sushi to Rochester. Sakura Home always strives to serve superior quality of food, services and excellent dining experience to our customers. We serve Sushi, Hibachi and Alcoholic beverages. Sakura Home is also proud to serve a variety of Hibachi dishes prepared by our professional and experienced Hibachi chefs, who will entertain and delight you with their masterful cooking at your table.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We took a group of eight girls out tonight for our daughter's birthday. They wanted to go see the hibachi chefs cook at Sakura Home Japanese restaurant in Rochester. I had been to this restaurant many times on "the other" side of the establishment; the one that did the sushi and the other Japanese cooking. However, I had never been on the hibachi, which was quite an experience.

Our hibachi chef was aided by a very nice waitress, who took care of our drinks and our orders. Everyone was given some mild mushroom soup (broth-like) and a small salad with the traditional Japanese dressing. It was all pretty good, and a lead-up to the chef, who started right out with the traditional tossing of the knives and forks, following by the preparation of the fried rice and sautéed vegetables.

I ordered yaki soba for my main course, and I must admit that it wasn't quite what I expected. The noodles were cooked without much spice, and the veggies and shrimp were provided on the side. I used to eat this at a local place called Fuji Ya, which went out of business in the 1990s. It was much better. But these noodles weren't bad either, just a bit bland.

The shrimp and vegetables were tasty, and they provided a pair of dipping sauces which added some nice flavor to the combo. It went together well with the noodles, and even helped to spice them up a bit too.

One bad thing about this restaurant; DO NOT SIT AT THE HIBACHI TABLES NEXT TO THE OUTER WINDOWS. It was freezing at our table, and nothing we could do would warm it up at all. I never need a coat outside, and I needed one while finishing my meal. It was cold and drafty...brrrrrrr!

Overall, this was a good and fun meal. Not cheap. but fun and good. I would love to return for more some day.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This is place is a little pricey, but the food and service is a cut above the rest. Everything taste so fresh.
They have both a hibachi and sushi bar and the decor is interesting as well. One more thing, the cocktails are incredible too!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Excellent all around!!! Great food, fun to watch the chef, both the cook and server were very nice. Probably the best steak I've had in a restaurant!! Will definitely be back for more, next time, instead of hibachi, I want to try the sushi!

1  Thank ryand529
Reviewed January 10, 2014

A couple of us went out to Sakura Home today, and enjoyed a very nice meal. This is, in my opinion, the best sushi restaurant in Rochester, with a great atmosphere and two separate dining experiences, depending on whether you eat in the main dining room or in the hibachi room. (I've never been the in the hibachi side.) I enjoyed the sushi lunch today, which comes with a bowl of miso soup and then a nice salad with EXCELLENT dressing! The sushi lunch itself was super; a maki roll (about 6-8 pieces), accompanied by 5-6 pieces of raw sushi. It was wonderful, and they even gave me enough extra ginger today to satisfy my appetite. (I love the pickled ginger.) Lunch, including tip, came to about $16.00/person, so it isn't the cheapest, but it was the best. I love this place and will always come back.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

7 hour long drive, didn't want to be socialable at hibachi table. Great service! Enough delicious food for leftovers!