“Another Great Stay”

Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Once again, Staybridge Suites Rochester has proven itself to be the most confortable and worry free place stay in Rochester. Clean rooms and friendly service make for a great stay. The breakfasts and dinners are filling and the river view is pleasant. I will continue to stay here when I visit Rochester.

• Stayed: June 2013
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2014

Dear Guest-

Thank you for rating us! We are happy you LOVED your stay. Please feel free to visit us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Rochester University

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I first stayed at this hotel in late 2008 or early 2009 when it was brand new. Now 4 & 1/2 years later it's still a nice property, but showing some use. The walls are not well insulated, and you will hear any loud neighbors. I was disappointed to find black stains on one of the bath towels. The quality of the breakfast is not up to par with competing extended stay chains like Home wood Suites - it's about the same as a Holiday Inn Express. The internet speed was good, but it required a new log-in every day.

Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear ajnuff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my apology for the shortfalls you have experienced. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 17, 2013

As we approach the location, I was saying to my husband: "where have I put us in?" but when we arrived, the hotel is very good, new, the welcoming front desk personel were very pleasant and informative. The breakfast - one of the best ones, and as bonus they have complimentary "happy hour/diner/open bar (wine and beer on tap), what more can you ask? our room had river view, I would not settle for less, the only thing I would change is I would ask to be at the third floor, as unfortunately for us, the guesses on the room above us, had children jumping all around and we do hear loud and clear. The Gym as I love to keep my exercise routine, was well equipped. Yes I will come back and recommend.

Room Tip: I would choose river view, on the third floor, but a little away from the elevator, then it will be...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ciganinha

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel recently. It was a business trip so it only expected the usual. This hotel staff goes over the top for their guests and with their amenities. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Great job. Perhaps others can learn from this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Rhh1955

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This a great hotel, one of the best we have ever stayed in. I am 80+ so I have stayed in many. It was very clean and comfortable. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a living room & kitchen between. Three large flat screen TV's - LG a top brand. Kitchen had a small full size fridge, microwave, electric stove, toaster, coffee maker, and even a dishwasher. Dishes and utensils included, even stemmed wine glasses. Beds and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable. Hot breakfast included eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes, and make your own waffles, besides toast, bagels, fruit, juice, and "Wolfgang Puck" coffee. They also had china coffee mugs and plates, glass glasses, and real silverware. no paper or plastic. The indoor pool and hot tub was great with a window wall overlooking the river.
Would we stay there again? Definitely! All this for less than $200 {AAA rate}. A great bargain!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pekinal

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed here twice within a month period, both times filling the rooms. (I got the suites with 2 double beds, king bed and sofabed). We were still very comfortable having a "full house". We were not tripping over each other by any means. There was nothing lacking in the rooms.
The property itself is gorgeous! We took full advantage of the pool and the patio with the gas fire pit. The patio and pool overlook the Genesee River and the University of Rochester campus which is pretty by day, beautiful at night.
We were most recently there for the "Stroll for Strong", a fundraising event for the Golisano's Children's Hospital at Strong Memorial Hospital which is within a mile of the hotel. This hotel was the perfect location and the late checkout allowed us to have our 5K runners go back for a shower and head back to the Stroll (walk) and festivities afterwards. Other team members also stayed at the hotel and were also very happy with the experience. We all had a great time the night before, the kids swimming in the pool and then us all gathering around the fire pit. It was a nice, relaxing time!
I cannot say enough good things about Staybridge Suites-Rochester University.
I will go back here again and again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Staybridge doesn't disappoint - the room are large, beds comfy and good wifi connection. Very pretty location near the university and by a river - walking in the area is lovely. Breakfast is included and was reasonable. Staff are friendly and helpful. Overall, as usual, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business