“Nothing special about this place”

The Gate House Cafe
Ranked #29 of 1,274 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Please see our website for the most recent menu and pricing.
“Nothing special about this place”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Food was just ok... My sisters soup was lukewarm and had to be sent back. I got the Duffy burger which had great potential but I asked for the meat to be cooked medium and it came back half medium rare and the other half was rare. Also the burger was so messy I needed a wet nap. I left feeling sticky anexpert very thirsty! The atmosphere was extremely loud you basically had to shout at one another. The poor wait staff has to wear these horrible bland outfits unflattering we felt bad for them.

• Visited October 2013

Rochester, New York
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had heard so much about The Gate House and the burgers. We tried going on one occasion but it was too busy and they do not take reservations for less than six people on the weekends, so we left. I have to say, it was not as amazing as what we had read. It was a long wait though it wasn't busy and the service was ok. The server did not come back to check on us for quite some time. The Wease burger was done as I had ordered but the flavor combination was lacking something. Maybe worth a second chance?

• Visited September 2013
Belgrade, Maine
“Great pizza”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wonderful brick pizza, well worth the visit. The toppings are creative and give a new taste experience.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Good food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and it was quiet in the garden. Not so quiet inside. I. A great location near the Memorial art gallery also the service was good

• Visited July 2013
buffalo, ny
“Two thumbs way way up!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I loved what they did to this old factory building. Beautiful courtyard, lighting, and great design. There are many other places at this complex I would also like to check out like a sushi bar and a Brazilian restaurant. The parking was kind of tight, had to park in the back. As far as the cafe, we had the pizza and it was awesome! There is a nice little bar area where we had drinks while waiting for a table. Two thumbs way way up!

• Visited July 2013