“very nice setting once inside....”
Review of Lento

Lento
Reserve with OpenTable
Lento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave.
New York City, New York
“very nice setting once inside....”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

the village gate building itself contains many small shops; several restaurants; and isn't very pretty in its neighborhood....but, Lento is really cool inside, decor wise....nice entrees and appetizers too..beer menu and wines too, were adequate....cant' say that the foods were all that great in taste-their corn soup that night, was not creamy at all; and very little taste to it...my italian pasta dish left alot to be desired....their peach tart was very hard crusted...but a nice atmosphere...

• Visited August 2014

Rochester, New York
“Incredible Restaurant”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We made reservations for 5:30pm because happy hour is between 4-6pm. Decided to show up a bit early because I haven't driven in the area before. There's a parking lot across the restaurant so there's no need to park on the side of the road. Once we've entered the doors at 5:10pm, we met Mitch who we've made reservations with. He was a kind man and seated us right away. Our waitress Laurie (I believe) was very kind as well. Always checking up on us, refilling our water a few times before it dropped below halfway.
The atmosphere is unique and very cozy. Has a downtown feel to it mixed in with a fine dining restaurant.
Now onto the food, we started off with 20 raw oysters because on Tuesdays (4-6pm) they're only $1 per oyster. There were several different kinds to choose from, and the first 10 we tried every one. Then once we knew which ones were our favorite, we ordered more of that kind. The oysters actually tasted very good and each kind did have it's own unique characteristics. The Royal Miyagi (BC) and Wawenoc (ME) were my favourite.
Then came the appetizer which we ordered the Blue Hill Bay Mussels. The mussels tasted delicious and so did the broth that came with it.
For entrees, I ordered the Duck Breast which was delicious and cooked perfectly medium rare. And for her, she ordered the Swordfish which I did try and was delicious. It just melts in your mouth, and that's how swordfish should be cooked.
We didn't have room to try any of their homemade desserts but there's always next time.
I highly recommend this restaurant and I will be returning very soon.
Having visited many restaurants in Rochester, NY; this has to be in my top 3.
Hope you my friends visit and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Cheers!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Vincent C
Arlington, Virginia
“Local growers = good food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lento's menu changes regularly to reflect their local roots, and there is a nice variety of selections ranging from sausage to seafood, sure to please everyone. Save room for dessert - our cherry pie was divine.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Qlever
Brockport, New York
“For the well-heeled Locavore”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Excellent food, well served. Not "lento" at all - at least not for us. The calamari appetizer was perfectly done, and huge. The two of us shared it and it could have easily been our main course. Everything fresh.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank David N
Kingston, New York
“Hotspot with farm to table food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The place was packed, and I was so happy I made reservations for the 8 of us! Parking was plentiful, but a bit of a walk as the restaurant is within a labyrinth of shops and eateries. The decor was eclectic and fun; it has unusual spaces and platforms to separate tables. The food was fun and unusual. They pride themselves on serving local and promoting small businesses. Service was slow, but polite and professional. The customers were trendy 20 and 30-something year olds.

• Visited May 2014