“Great atmosphere and just good food”
Review of Lento

Lento
Reserve with OpenTable
Lento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,288 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave.
“Great atmosphere and just good food”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great off main drag location but city feel. Foods good, but not special. That said would go back for meal before heading to auditorium or armory for show

Rochester, New York, United States
“My favorite”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Local food is their focus, and it's all well-imagined and well-prepared. I have had some amazing food here through the years. The dollar-night oysters are popular enough to make for a long wait on Tuesdays. Drinks are great; service is laid-back but knowledgeable. The owner seems to like what he's doing, and the staff share that vibe.

Visited May 2012
Rochester, New York, United States
“What a great restaurant.”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had an great dinner. Great service and the inside is well set up. You aren't rubbing elbows with the table next to you. We will return to Lento.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Michael B
US
“Both food and service were very good”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Although Lento has been around for 5 years, last night was my first visit. One of my daughter's friends had recommended it, and while I expected the food to be good based on TA reviews I read before going, I was a bit concerned about the service based on what some reviewers had said.Happily, we were all pleased with everything at the resto.

The ambiance at Lento is young and hip, which appeals to the 20s and 30s crowd, but there were people of all ages dining. It has a wide ranging menu, with an assortment of salads and starters (including foie gras, mussels, and soups) and a similar variety of entrees (fish, meats, pasta). The menu changes daily, and they use local ingredients where possible. For those familiar with the Rochester dining scene, think Tapas 177.We have lived in Europe, and my daughter in NYC and San Fran, so have developped a taste for good food. Lento did not disappoint.

For starters, I have a mushroom soup that was vegan based, and the others split an order of mussels. Both were very tasty, and the mussels were in a broth that was really enjoyable. As for entrees, I had the duck confit w/risotto, my daughter the ahi tuna, and my wife a goat cheese ravioli. The duck was terrific, as was the homemade ravioli. I found the tuna to be a bit bland though.

As for the service, they were friendly upon our arrival and seated us right away. The guy that brought us our drinks was new to both Rochester and the restaurant, so he could not help much, but the waitress was very knowledgeable about both the drinks (very good selection of wines and mixed drinks) and the food selection. She answered our several questions about selections.

We decided after that we will definitely go back with friends, and our daughter decided to go this Wednesday for an appetizer and dessert with her cousin. That night you can bring your own wine with no corkage fee.

• Visited June 2012
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent variety”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Each time I visit, with friends or family, I'm impressed. I love the variety of the menu and the atmosphere has a nice upscale feel. The cost is modest and the quality excellent. My favorite part is the amount of flavor the side dishes have. The greens are wonderful and the rice dishes have such a nice mix of flavor, I can't wait to go back. I consider it a must to try!

• Visited January 2012