“Seen worse, but not much.”

Budget Host East End Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The room we were in had numerous maintenance problem. Bathroom door couldn't be closed, toilet seat bolts were broken, towel bar in shower was broken. Floor of the tub was slick as ice--real safety hazard. Clerk said the bed was a queen. If so, it's the smallest queen I've ever seen. Carpet was badly worn. No hangars on clothes hanging bar. Unbelievable that they felt justified in charging us $99/night for this place! It looks like they're starting to renovate the grounds and maybe the rooms, but still grossly overpriced. If I hadn't been so tired, I certainly would have bailed out of this place and looked elsewhere.

Room Tip: Suggest you look somewhere else unless they're all full!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DustnAZ
There are newer reviews for Budget Host East End Hotel

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place is in a reasonably good location for the hamptons etc. We are just having 48 hours here before getting the ferry over to new London for our new England road trip after flying into JFK.
It's reasonably priced if booked in advance, pretty clean and tidy, but old dated and a bit shabby.
Definatly try Codys grill and bbq bar on the high street tho, great food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon354
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for New Year Eve because we booked it at the last minute.. We wanted to go to outlet shopping and it was the only hotel available around the area. They didn't have enough heat from the central heater system and they had extra space heater in the room which it still didn't bring enough heat. Everything is old and needed to update soon. It is in the great location to many nice restaurants and outlets.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

It was the nastiest place I've ever been unfortunate enough to stay at! We were in town for my son's wedding and it was the closest hotel to the wedding venue. We had to stay there because we had our dogs with us, so we could not stay at the hotel where the other guest stayed. It was not clean enough for my dogs! If I could have I would have spent the night in our car. The place was so dirty and smelly. I was really glad that I brought my own sheets, quilt, and pillows. I wish I had my towels since the towels that were provided were stained! The carpet was so dirty that I wouldn't walk on it with my bare feet. Just awful! The only thing that would help that hotel is either a match or a bulldozer!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was not expecting the best accommodations, but they certainly need to update the facility, and replacing the worn and dirty carpets in the hall and room, which would be a good start. The bathroom was also very dated and the door would not close properly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel looks like it hasn't been updated in 50 years and the windows appear to have never been cleaned. It was noisy and we did not feel safe nor comfortable staying there. The rooms are dark and everything looks old and worn.

Room Tip: We had to stay there because of the many functions in the surrounding area and other hotels were alr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sneeddy
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were in town for the weekend to attend a wedding in South Hampton. We chose the Budget Host because it was close to the wedding location. Overall, we enjoyed out stay. Check in was easy and the place you check in is nice. The pool is fantastic. Very clean and perfect size. I enjoyed swimming. The room itself is very simple and outdated but it was clean. My only issue is the room smelled like cigarette smoke. I'm not sure if there are non-smoking rooms but I would ask when you book your room. House keeping took good care of the room. The bed was fine and loved the fact there was an AC unit in the room. There are security cameras all over the place which made us feel safe.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. There are no bells and whistles. It's just a very simple and clean place to stay and it is very close to the Hamptons, restaurants, and beaches.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kerri K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
#5 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Budget Host East End Hotel? Share your experiences!