WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Riverhead
Sintra, Portugal
“Dark, Dingy, Dank”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel looks like it hasn't been updated in 50 years and the windows appear to have never been cleaned. It was noisy and we did not feel safe nor comfortable staying there. The rooms are dark and everything looks old and worn.

Room Tip: We had to stay there because of the many functions in the surrounding area and other hotels were alr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sneeddy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were in town for the weekend to attend a wedding in South Hampton. We chose the Budget Host because it was close to the wedding location. Overall, we enjoyed out stay. Check in was easy and the place you check in is nice. The pool is fantastic. Very clean and perfect size. I enjoyed swimming. The room itself is very simple and outdated but it was clean. My only issue is the room smelled like cigarette smoke. I'm not sure if there are non-smoking rooms but I would ask when you book your room. House keeping took good care of the room. The bed was fine and loved the fact there was an AC unit in the room. There are security cameras all over the place which made us feel safe.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. There are no bells and whistles. It's just a very simple and clean place to stay and it is very close to the Hamptons, restaurants, and beaches.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kerri K
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked this hotel at last minute and there was only one room available. So I figured how bad could it be. I wanted to be able to go to Hamptons and Montauk on a budget. It is definitely not up there with any stars. It is a bed and a shower. That is all. There was peeling wallpaper. I checked the beds for bedbugs, but found none. Thank goodness. I would not go back there again. The clerk at desk was accommodating. I read other reviews and some were good and some bad, so I took my chances. Next time, I will plan ahead. It was close enough to the locations we wanted to visit, but that is all that I can say that was good about it. There weren't even fitted sheets, yet the a/c did work and the shower got hot eventually. Try another place if possible and spend the extra money.

Room Tip: All rooms seem the same
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Riverhead hotels

Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I try to take a simple trip to close out the summer with our children. This was our first stay at the this Budget Host Inn. And I at first was skeptical because of the reviews I had read, but decided to take a look for our selves. The the worst thing that can happen is that we take a look and decide to stay some where else. Well we had a great time the place was clean and well kept. the pool was fantastic and the staff is friendly and laid back. OK it may not be very modern but the price is right for all the basics. If the college fridge is to small do how we do bring a large cooler because there is plenty of free ice and use the microwave in your room to reheat food. I bet u can't barbercue right on the pool deck in most places. Oh and another thing not a single bite from a bed bug. Ralph the care taker is also great and so was the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Benigno R
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We read the reviews on trip advisor and weren't sure what to expect. The way some reviewers wrote about the place, you'd think you were staying at a crack house. That said, We're pleased to report that the rooms and pool are clean and the service was great. We were shown several rooms upon arrival and the staff was very accommodating to our requests.

If you're going to the Budget Host Hotel and expecting the Waldorf-Astoria, you will be disappointed but the rooms are a great value for the location. It's a short 10 minute drive to Splish Splash and the Tanger Outlets, 20 minutes from Southhampton and about an hour from Montauk.

If you're on a budget and just looking for a place to lay down at night, this is a great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan Y
NorthEast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Yes, the room was dated, but clean and functional. For someone who needed such a place just to sleep this place works well. The room has that 60s look, but clean. The furniture is sparse but adequate. For those who need peace and quiet this may not be the place for you. It is located close to the intersection of a few state and local roads. Truck noise can be annoying to the more sensitive. As for location, this place is well situated for day trips to the Forks, the north shore and Hamptons. The pool is clean, clear and welcoming after a summer day of sightseeing. Nearby are an array of restaurants and shopping. Window A/C was reasonably quiet, but curtains must be open for best cooling effect. The curtains should be trimmed around A/C.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are more insulated from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelbob1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

A shame to see so many bad reviews & I didn't see why. Its an older hotel so you must expect it to act its age,

the people in the building do a good job maintaining & making sure your needs are met, I had great service & anything I needed I got,

Ive stayed at over 100 hotels in less than 15 yrs from 5 star to 2 star & I was just as comfortable & happy at budget host inn than I have been in a 5 star.

More importantly, it didn't smell bad, it was clean, respectful staff, clean pool, clean office, good morning coffee,
I can't even complain about the hard beds ... what hotel ever has a comfortable bed? :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank 3ella
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Duncan Inn
The Duncan Inn
#1 of 1 in Jamesport

Been to Budget Host East End Hotel? Share your experiences!