“labor day lost weekend”

Budget Host East End Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked this hotel at last minute and there was only one room available. So I figured how bad could it be. I wanted to be able to go to Hamptons and Montauk on a budget. It is definitely not up there with any stars. It is a bed and a shower. That is all. There was peeling wallpaper. I checked the beds for bedbugs, but found none. Thank goodness. I would not go back there again. The clerk at desk was accommodating. I read other reviews and some were good and some bad, so I took my chances. Next time, I will plan ahead. It was close enough to the locations we wanted to visit, but that is all that I can say that was good about it. There weren't even fitted sheets, yet the a/c did work and the shower got hot eventually. Try another place if possible and spend the extra money.

Room Tip: All rooms seem the same
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Budget Host East End Hotel

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I try to take a simple trip to close out the summer with our children. This was our first stay at the this Budget Host Inn. And I at first was skeptical because of the reviews I had read, but decided to take a look for our selves. The the worst thing that can happen is that we take a look and decide to stay some where else. Well we had a great time the place was clean and well kept. the pool was fantastic and the staff is friendly and laid back. OK it may not be very modern but the price is right for all the basics. If the college fridge is to small do how we do bring a large cooler because there is plenty of free ice and use the microwave in your room to reheat food. I bet u can't barbercue right on the pool deck in most places. Oh and another thing not a single bite from a bed bug. Ralph the care taker is also great and so was the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Benigno R
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We read the reviews on trip advisor and weren't sure what to expect. The way some reviewers wrote about the place, you'd think you were staying at a crack house. That said, We're pleased to report that the rooms and pool are clean and the service was great. We were shown several rooms upon arrival and the staff was very accommodating to our requests.

If you're going to the Budget Host Hotel and expecting the Waldorf-Astoria, you will be disappointed but the rooms are a great value for the location. It's a short 10 minute drive to Splish Splash and the Tanger Outlets, 20 minutes from Southhampton and about an hour from Montauk.

If you're on a budget and just looking for a place to lay down at night, this is a great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan Y
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Yes, the room was dated, but clean and functional. For someone who needed such a place just to sleep this place works well. The room has that 60s look, but clean. The furniture is sparse but adequate. For those who need peace and quiet this may not be the place for you. It is located close to the intersection of a few state and local roads. Truck noise can be annoying to the more sensitive. As for location, this place is well situated for day trips to the Forks, the north shore and Hamptons. The pool is clean, clear and welcoming after a summer day of sightseeing. Nearby are an array of restaurants and shopping. Window A/C was reasonably quiet, but curtains must be open for best cooling effect. The curtains should be trimmed around A/C.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are more insulated from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelbob1
Reviewed June 26, 2012

A shame to see so many bad reviews & I didn't see why. Its an older hotel so you must expect it to act its age,

the people in the building do a good job maintaining & making sure your needs are met, I had great service & anything I needed I got,

Ive stayed at over 100 hotels in less than 15 yrs from 5 star to 2 star & I was just as comfortable & happy at budget host inn than I have been in a 5 star.

More importantly, it didn't smell bad, it was clean, respectful staff, clean pool, clean office, good morning coffee,
I can't even complain about the hard beds ... what hotel ever has a comfortable bed? :)

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank 3ella
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Hotel was a great fit for my needs. Staff was very polite and helpful. Wish I had more time to use the pool and tennis court.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Clean hotel with outdoor pool and tennis court on site prices are cheaper than most in the area. If this hotel was on the beach it would be the one for me. I live on the westside of Long Island,so to check out the Outlets, Montauk, and the Vineyards, it's best to stay somewhere instead of the doing the drive in one day. This time I wanted to check out the Vineyards, and of course, make a stop at the Outlets!

Room Tip: Request a pool side room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
#5 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Budget Host East End Hotel? Share your experiences!