“Seafood Treat”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Buoy One is all about seafood. We had Tai shrimp and blackened swordfish, both done to perfection. I could have skipped the chowder; homemade, yes, but overpriced. Ambiance, very casual. But you don't go to Buoy One for the decor--go for the food.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

A real seafood restaurant. Don't expect white linen, but do expect real fresh seafood at a good price. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Do you want good, fresh seafood done right? This is the place. The place doesn't pretend to be 5 star. It is a seafood market that happens to have tables but is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My partner and I visited New York in June and were invited to spend the weekend with friends who live in Westhampton, on Long Island. We arrived at JFK on two different flights (me from Tennessee via Dulles, she from Bristol in the UK via Dublin) and we met on the platform of the LIRR at Jamaica (not quite Sleepless in Seattle, but nevertheless very romantic).

When our friend collected us Speonk we were both tired after our long travel days but had a clear and present need to sample some fresh seafood. Buoy One was the local recommendation and off we went with our pal driving us in his twenty year old Land Rover (that is a great conversation piece in the US). We went to the one on the Montauk Highway near Westhampton - only recently opened.

What can we say? The venue was bursting with locals and weekend visitors. Buzzing in that "Its full so it must be good" way. We shared clams, crab, lobster and a beer or two and left with a bill for $98 for three and a happy surprised look on our face. For quality seafood this place is simply great value for money and this tourist can highly recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

My family and I love coming here and having the clam bake. Steamed fresh lobster, clams, shrimp, mussells, corn and baked potato for under $25.00. What a deal! The fried clams and scallops are great as well. They even let me bring my two jack russell terriers to the outdoor dining and the servers were very sweet and attentive. I have also picked up swordfish and other seafood from the market to grill at home. The place is very informal and of course not on the water. But we don't go here for the ambiance, we go for the food!