“Great Chinese Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Quogue, New York
“Great Chinese Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

One of the friendliest restaurants we have ever been to. Been going there for years & never been disappointed. Try their Sam Gup Tai & House special angel hair pasta

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Health Dept Should Shut Them Down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Horrible food, horrible service. The best part was leaving. So forget about Haiku, same disgusting food.

1 Thank GJSmitty
Sandy, Oregon
“Good Chinese Lunch Specials”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stopped in and had lunch while we were in downtown Riverhead. Convenient parking in rear with a rear entrance through their bar. The lunch special were quite tasty and inexpensive.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Insult to Chinese Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I 'am a Johnson And Wales graduate chef. I have never written on one of these posts before. Hyting is the worst Chinese food I have ever had. I asked for the "house special fried rice" and I asked to have it very spicy. My Mother had Shrimp Mei Fun, which weird enough came with fried rice on same plate.
As we received the entree's my So called fried rice, looked more like boiled rice and was tasteless, I never heard back from the waiter, I said to him excuse me, and he said he is busy. All I wanted was for some ground chilies to make it spicy and get some flavor. My Mothers was so dry and tasteless she said. Rule of thumb, when you order a starch, such as Mei Fun, you do not get another starch such as rice on the same place.
The whole restaurant appeared very old, dirty, and a wonder how they have stayed in business this long. Riverhead is so far behind in the times in many ways, and in an epicurean standpoint Riverhead lags behind.
I have been to Asia numerous times. It would great to have authentic Mandarin Chinese Food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jetset442
Mattituck, New York
“Scared for our safety”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

We visited this place again just for a change. It was filled with thugs and people being loud and disturbing. We changed our order to go as I was afraid to have my wife in the same room as these degenerates.

Place has gone down hill big time. I suspect that it will be soon following the same path as the Village Crossroads. Patrons shouldn't be afraid to frequent a restaurant, that should be a given.

• Visited July 2011