“Perfect”

Tea Time Cottage
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the perfect place to relax. They don't rush you out at all! You could sit there for hours and they don't mind. I disagree the service was incredible, possibly because I went on a Sunday and it wasn't that busy. Such a wide variety of teas to choose from and the soups are delicious. I had loaded potato soup followed by vanilla chai and a blueberry scone. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon. The young girl helping us Michelle was so sweet and genuine. She made our visit wonderful after reading about bad service. She always had a smile on her face and was very quick bringing us our food. I will definitely be returning!!!! ROUND OF APPLAUSE

1 Thank Jippyjipp63

Centereach, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place just makes you feel good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is my new favorite place. I first visited a few weeks ago and was willing to make the 35 mile trip back there. It's quaint, cozy atmosphere is relaxing. I had the loaded potato soup which was simply delicious. It was so filling that I got a second lunch out of it. A great value for under $10 (for a bowl of soup and pot of tea). The servers were friendly and efficient, yet made it comfortable to linger.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jrsmom07
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Terrible, Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Despite the quaint appearance of this roadside restaurant, and its wide variety of teas, the level of service is absurdly poor. We saw our waitress so infrequently over the nearly two hours that we were held captive that at times we became concerned that she had simply gone home for the day. And when one considers that the establishment has only approximately seven tables (four inside and three outside) plus a take-out counter, and offers a very simple, limited menu, it is incomprehensible how the service can be so brutal. My wife and I sat outside on a chilly afternoon and waited at least 30 minutes to receive menus, and then about 40 minutes to receive our food after we finally ordered (and we both had only soup with half a sandwich).

We had a similar experience at this restaurant last fall but decided to give it a second chance since my wife really enjoyed their tea selection. There will not be a third chance next year.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Constructive_Summer
Riverhead NY
“cute place for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I'd been to Tea Time Cottage for a snack, but never for a meal. It's tiny, but there are tables outside where you can sit and enjoy your sandwich and flavored iced tea. The roast beef wrap with garlic ailoi was delicious. We also had a cup of the steak and ale soup, which was thick, creamy and full of potatoes.Most interesting. And from previous visits, I know the scones and cookies are worth the calories.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ljane234
Rockville Centre, NY
“"Tea for Two"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I stopped for lunch yesterday and enjoyed the food and ambience- give it a try next time you are "on the North Fork of LI" soup was amazing! tea delicious!

1 Thank judith2009